Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Hey, hey... look at me..." Peter lifts my chin, "You did the best you can do."

"I hate this Peter.... I hate it...." I sob.

"I know, I do too."

"ATTENTION TRIBUTES," boomed a voice, "from now on in this game, two tributes from the same district can be victorious. That is all."

"Oh my god..." I muttered. I looked at Peter and he was smiling.

Happiness came over us and we hugged each other.

I felt some water droplets fall on my head. Peter looks up at the gloomy sky.

"We should find a shelter, it looks bad."

I nod and we start to walk. I walk behind Peter, with my bow and arrow ready just in case someone attacks. Peter never turned around to talk to me, it was silent the whole time. Which I guess is ok, because I still don't think I can talk after all that I have been through.

I wonder how Felix is doing, I miss him a lot. His crooked smirk, his cute moments when he is protective... I wonder if he misses me....

It was pouring down rain hard now, it was strange because we rarely have rain storms on Neverland.

"Look, I found a cave." He points off in the distance.

We basically run over to it, because this rain is freezing. We get to the mouth of the cave.

"Stay here," he puts his arm out.

He walks into the cave to make sure there is nothing in it that can harm us.

He comes back out.

"We are alright dearie." he says.

He hops back down into and holds out his hand. I take it and he helps me down.

He plops down against the wall and releases a deep breath.

"Are you ok?" I look at him and notice that his forehead is wet, but not from the rain. Is he sweating?

"Yeah, I'm fine." He says sternly.

"No you are not," I put the back of my hand on his forehead, "you are burning up."

"Wendy, I-"

"Drink this." I say while handing him water canteen.

"But its all you have left..."

"I can get more." I smile.

He hesitantly takes it and takes a sip.

"Better?" I ask.

"Much." He chuckles.

********

Peter was asleep and I was wide awake on the other side of the cave.

The traumatic experience I went through earlier today is killing me from the inside. That poor little boy... I can picture Michael in his position, which brought tears to my eyes.

I'm about to start crying when I hear a noise coming from outside the cave. I run out and see a small parachute falling down. I catch it and open it up.

Soup!

I run back inside, "Peter! Wake up! you got something from a sponsor."

He sits up weakly, "Really, what is it?"

"It's soup." I say while sitting next to him and taking off the lid.

"Here." I say trying giving him a spoonful of it.

"No, you have some first dearie."

"Peter, no, this is for you-"

"Please, I insist." He weakly smiled.

How can I say no to that?

I take 3 spoonfuls and set it down.

"Ok, I'm full."

"Liar." He raised an eyebrow.

Ugh... he needs to stop doing that because every time I get weird butterflies in my stomach.

"Whatever, just eat." I chuckle.

He finishes off the soup pretty quickly, showing off his hunger.

"ATTENTION ALL TRIBUTES, the game makers and I realized that you all need something to help you through your journey. There will be new installments at the Chalice for each district to pick up. Have fun."

"Your medicine..." I muttered.

"No Wendy, I don't need it. It's too risky."

"Peter, I can get it. You can be healed instantl-"

"No Wendy," he grabs my arm, "promise me that you will stay here, and not go out there. Please..."

He was practically begging.

"Fine, I promise." I realize something, "So why are you being so protective of me? You know that I'm strong."

"I know you are, you are one of the strongest people I know."

"But why?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"Ok, here it goes..." he rubbed the back of his neck, "Ever since you arrived on Neverland, I couldn't stop thinking about you. You are the nicest and strongest person on Neverland, and the reason why I don't want you to go out there is because I care for you. If something were to happen to you I would-"

I interrupt him by placing my lips on his.

He tenses up at first and then relaxes. I pull back and look into his eyes.

"I will stay here." I said, laying down and placing my head on his chest.

His arm wraps around me.

"Good," I can't see his face but I know that he is smiling.

(A/N: sorry if it seems like I need update this and if the chapters are short. I am very busy until Friday so it's like ugh sorry. Haha, I have driving classes and auditions today so I rushed this. my bad! love you all! mwah!)