Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Peter and I sat in the ship, waiting to meet our mentor. We didn't say a word to each other.

The aroma of alcohol was approaching.

The doors open and there is our mentor.

"Hook?" asks Peter.

"Aye, I am you two's mentor," he waves his hands over the drink and picks up some rum, "Got a problem with that?"

"Yes actually," I get up and take the beverage from him, "I want a mentor who isn't going to be drunk 24/7 and who can give us actual advice."

"Wow, you are fiesty. That is going to be a problem. " He snatches the drink back from me.

"And why is that?" I ask with my arms crossed.

"You have to get sponsors, and in order for that to happen, you have make people like you lass. When you are in the middle of the games, and you are starving or freezing, the sponsors will be our only hope, especially since you do not have magic." He plops down into a chair.

Peter starts asking Hook more questions about everything. I don't see why, because he has magic and can just totally use that. As for me, I need all the help I can get.

Zelena walks in soon after.

"Peter, Wendy, we are here."

"We are already at the Enchanted forest?" I ask confused.

"Yes, this boat magically flew us there in an hour. Be ready, Anyone who is anyone is out there waiting for you."

"That means sponsors so put on a pretty smile and a nice attitude."

I keep my face straight, thinking of what to do.

"I'm talking to you princess." says Hook.

Man, I really want to punch him in the face right now.

We walk down the ramp and there are a ton of people cheering at us.

"Look! Its the tributes from Distrcit Neverland!" "It's the first tribute girl!" "The volunteer!"

I just kept walking straight forward, not looking at these people. They all make me sick. Why would you want children to compete against each other to the death?

We walk into a big building where I am separated from my group. The room I was escorted in was basically a beauty salon. I look in the mirror, which I haven't done in awhile.

Wow, Neverland is dirty.

I shower and they practically groom me as best as they could.

I then look back at the mirror. It was a complete transformation. My hair was tamed for once, and there wasn't one speck of dirt on me.

The groomers then place me in a room and tell me I'm about to meet my designer.

I hear a knock at the door.

"Hello Miss Wendy, my name is Archie. I am in charge of your design team."

Archie seems different, like everyone else in the Enchanted forest seems to be conceded, but he gave off a nicer vibe.

"I also wanted to tell you that you are the bravest person I know. What you did out there for your little brother was the most amazing thing that has ever happened. I am so happy to be on your team. It is an honor. "

He gives me a hug, at first it was a little strange, but I haven't hugged an adult in awhile. I haven't seen my parents in ages.

*****

Peter and I walk into the training area. There are many stations set up with many intimidating other tributes.

We don't really recognize anyone. Peter comes up behind me and whispers, "That group right there is from oz, that group is from here, the enchanted forest. Look out for them, they are a strong group, and that group is from Wonderland."

"Who is that group?" I point to a group of people near a lot of chemicals.

"Hook told me they are from a place called the Land Without Color."

"Why are they special?" I ask.

"They don't have the kind of magic we are used to, it is called science there. Oh, and those two boys are from the giant's land."

"But they are normal sized." I whisper.

"The game makers made them our size because they would have an unfair advantage. But once in the games, they are allowed to be their normal size for 30 minutes. Each magical tribute can only use their powers for 30 minutes everyday."

"Oh ok, thanks for telling me." I flash a quick smile.

"No problem" he pats my back twice, "looks like you got a shadow." He points behind me.

"Is that supposed to be a Peter Pan joke?"

"No, I'm serious, look behind you." He chuckles and walks away.

I turn and there is a little boy hiding behind a pillar.

"It's ok, you can come out. You don't have to be afraid."

The boy steps out, but he wouldn't make eye contact with me.

I squat down on my knees and take his hands.

"What is your name, sweetie?"

"Pinnocchio..." He says quietly.

"Well, Pinnocchio, did you know you look a lot like my brother?" I smile.

He blushes and smiles.

"Do you want to practice making traps with me?" I offer.

He nods and tugs at the bottom of his shirt in a shy way.

"Come on," I place my hand on his back.

He and I walk over to the trap station. I show him how to set up a simple trap. We test it and it works. He gets happy as a smile grows across his face. He wraps his arms around me and gives me a big hug. I looked up and saw Peter looking at me. He was smiling. Peter rarely smiles.

Why was he looking at me like that?

(A/N: sorry this was a little short. Hope you like it!)