Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was about to be next for the interviews.

He came over to me.

"How do I look?" he chuckles.

"Good." I say while straightening out his dark green bow tie.

"You look amazing."

"Thanks." I blush, looking down at my light green mermaid styled dress. It is a really pretty dress. The top is brilliantly beaded and jeweled.

"Are you nervous?" he asks.

"A little, you?"

"Not at all." he says. Well of course he wasn't. He is the Peter Pan. He isn't afraid of anything.

Two women place me in front of a sliding door.

"Good luck." says Peter.

"Thanks." I mouth. He smiles and backs away.

The doors open slide open, revealing a blinding spotlight right into my eyes.

"Welcome Wendy, welcome." says the mad hatter.

The crowd cheers loudly. He escorts me to the interview chairs and I sit down.

"Wendy, Wendy, Wendy... Can I just say you look remarkable! Am I right?" He looks out at the audience and they all cheer once more, almost mechanically.

"Thanks Hatter, I'm happy to be here." I lie through my smile.

"How does it feel to be the first female tribute ever?" He says.

"Uh...." how do I answer this?!? "Good I guess."

Everyone laughs, including the hatter. It wasn't that funny....

"But on a more serious note, let's talk about your little brother..." He announces. The audience grows silent.

"It was very brave of what you did," he continues, " What was running through your mind when Michael's name was called?"

"I- I was devastated, it didn't feel like real life...." I say while trying to contain my emotions.

"Before you left, what was the last thing you said to your two brothers?"

"I promised that I would win, that I would win for the both of them..." I can feel the tears building up on my waterline.

"Aww isn't that sweet?" says the Hatter. Everyone "Awwws" too. All I could see we're my brothers' faces... I miss them already

"Wendy..... Wendy?" he asks louder.

I snapped out of my trance.

"What?" I say, everyone chuckles.

"I said, we would like to see your dress. Would you mind giving us a little twirl?"

"Sure." I smile embarrassed.

I get up and start to slowly spin in my heels. I see the bottom of my dress turn into a gold fabric, causing pixie dust to fly off of my dress. I look down and see that I am floating in the air.

"Wow! Your designer went overboard! Isn't it amazing!" He yells.

I land back down on the floor a little dizzy.

"Wendy Darling everyone!" He lifts my hands in the air. Everyone stands and screams.

When I got backstage, Archie gave me a big hug.

"The dress is beautiful, thank you so much Archie." I smile.

"You are welcome Wendy. I hope you like the extra touch I added." He winks.

"I love it!" I exclaim.

Zelena and Hook come from around the corner.

"There you are," she says.

Hook pulls me aside.

"How did I do?" I ask.

"I can't tell, the audience seemed to like you, but yet, they like everyone. Based on your performance, there might be a slight chance for sponsors."

"Quiet you two! Peter is talking."

We gathered around the screen, surprisingly he was doing amazing. The audience kept laughing at everything he said.

"Well Peter, is there any special someone back at Neverland? Any mermaid or fairy?" He nudges him.

"Well, uh, yes, there is this one girl that I have liked for quite some time now."

"Well then now you have another motivation to win the games."

"Winning wouldn't help in my situation..." he mumbles.

"And why is that?" asks the Hatter.

"Because she came here with me." He admits.

Everyone in the crowd gasps.

Did he really just say that?

Hook, Zelena, and Archie all slowly turn their heads toward me.

I look back at them and quickly walk down the hall to my room. I shut the door and lean against it.

What is going to happen now? I feel like my life is going to drastically change....

A/N sorry if this was short. I have such a busy schedule that its hard to find time to write. I might do short updates hopefully more often. Finals are coming up in two weeks so I have to start studying more. Grrrr

Remember to vote and comment what you think :)

Love you all!