never trust a fox

Start from the beginning

We both rose from the bed and he pulled me into a hug, "It'll be okay."

I pulled away and smiled back at him, "Thanks, dad."

-

I followed alongside Scott and Kira as we walked down the corridors heading toward class.

"The things is, in all of the stories, kitsunes are tricksters," Kira starts, glancing at us, "They're mischievous. They don't really get caught up in right or wrong or even understand it."

"Okay, so, what does that mean? It's just doing this for the hell of it?" Scott questioned.

"No, there was something else I found. If you somehow offend a nogitsune, it can react pretty badly."

"How exactly do you offend a nogitsune?" I kept quiet as I walked with them, barely listening to their conversation. My head felt heavy and I was finding it difficult to focus on anything at the moment.

"I don't know," She answered with a sigh, "But if it's doing something this bad, then someone really, really offended it."

Scott then leaves us, heading toward the field.

Kira walked with me in silence as we headed to our lockers, but before she had a chance to open her mouth and probably reassure me in some way, we watch as several students rush their way outside. We watched as Mr. Yukimura tried to make his way past all of them.

We exchanged quick glances and followed him as fast as we could.

Everyone had gathered along the rails by the school buses, facing one of them.

I noticed Parrish making his way toward the back of the bus where a student was sitting looking beyond scared.

"What's going on?" I asked a girl standing to my right.

"They've found a bomb."

I turn my attention back to Kira but she's watching her father making his way back inside the school.

She grabbed my hand without looking back and we followed him as close as we could without him noticing.

He enters his classroom and closes the door behind him. We quickly make our way toward the door and try to peek inside through the window.

"What is your mom doing here?" I hear myself whisper.

"I have no idea," She whispers back, her brows furrowing in confusion.

Mr. Yukimura grabs a book from one of the shelves at the back of the room and walks back to his desk, putting it down.

"You hid them in a book?" Noshiko's voice could barely be heard from out here, her voice coming out a bit muffled. I pushed myself closer, straining my ears, "Couldn't you find something more secure?"

"How many high school students do you know who would willingly open a book?" He opens it up, then turns his attention back to his wife, "You still haven't talked to Kira, have you?"

"Barely a word since the hospital."

"You need to tell her, especially about this," He says motioning to the book or rather, whatever was hiding inside of it, "You've already sacrificed five. Three of the Oni are gone. How many tails are you willing to sacrifice?"