30: Lean on me.

JUST BECAUSE I LOVE 고맙다 SO MUCH HERE Y'ALL'S GO- (IT'S A DUAL CHAPTER) :)

¤*~×♡×~*¤

Breathe, Y/N, breathe.
You calmed yourself down, trying to remind yourself that you're used to stressful situations like this.
You're not gonna slip down into your worries again. You're not gonna overthink. You're not gonna be paranoid. Not this time.
"Yeodongsaeng," Aerin reached for your hand across the table, "are you okay?"
You carefully removed your hand from hers, standing from the couch. "E-excuse me." You bowed before going straight to your room.
"Potato," Hansol called after you. "Y/N-ah!"
You did not look back.

When your father died when you were seven, your brother practically raised you. Not your mum, because those were the times that she was the one who looked after the company.
All those years that you were under his care, there was one constant thing that he kept teaching you: Learn to think beyond pressure. You never understood those words but as you grew up, you began to comprehend why he kept telling you so.
Now, sitting on the edge of your bed once more, you did what you were doing all the past years. You're thinking beyond the pressure, but this time, the pressure's too much.
It's too much.

You remembered your conversation with Vernon just before you fell asleep on his shoulder in that bus.
Our relationships can't be seen, mustn't exist to the public.
Was it a bad decision to say 'okay', after all?
No. No, it's not. Telling Hansol Choi 'okay' was the best thing you've ever done in this life. And you're very sure that in the next ones, if ever you meet him again, you'll say it over and over again.
Are you afraid of his life? Because we'll protect you, I'm saying it as early as now. We will protect you.
Seungcheol's words came back to you. Your hair was covering your face in the photo. Only military grade softwares will be able to recognize you. And they'll protect you- you don't doubt that.
Should you break up with him? You love him, so much, but you're not gonna risk him losing his career over you.
You're not worth it.
You're not worth all those years he skipped school and meals and sleep just to be able to train, just to be able to achieve his dreams.
Your phone suddenly rang, getting you away from your thoughts.

Brother Dear is calling.
Answer | Reject

You pressed Answer.
"Oppa."
"It's you, isn't it?"
Nothing, nothing ever escapes your brother. "Yeah. Yeah, it's me. Am I recognizable?"
"Not really. If I didn't know you like I do, I wouldn't know. The level of recognition is... bestest friend, I guess. By the way, did you shampoo today? Your hair on that photo- wow. You've never had messy hair."
You were thankful for the laugh. Your brother really knows how to let you breathe when you think all air has disappeared around you.
"That's true. My hair's really magnificent, right?"
"As magnificent as I am. Are you okay?"
There's that question again. "Did I make the right decision?"
"If you're happy, then yes, you did."
You're happy. The happiest you've ever been.
"Lil' sis."
"Ne, Oppa?"
"Want me to do some magic?"
Magic meant he'll do his vampire mojo tricks with calling people, important people, and poof- all traces of that tweet will be gone.
Your brother's powerful- though you're not really sure just how powerful. Not that you'll ever be like him.
"Nah. Don't do anything. Seungcheol-oppa's doing his thing."
"You mean S.Coups?"
"Yeah. The same one."
"He's with you?"
"Downstairs."
You heard your brother sigh over the phone. "Go downstairs and give the phone to him, Y/N."
Y/N. He never calls you in your full name unless he's in business mode. Crap.
"What are you gonna tell him?"
"Nothing that you have to hear from me. Go downstairs now."
You know there's no point arguing with him when he's using that tone. "Fine. Hold up."