18: Who's Daniel?

You got to your bedroom, and instead of dropping yourself on the bed, you decided to sit by the window.
You are slightly calm now, but you still can't help but overthink. What if that isn't just a prank? What if that was inspired? What if it happens for real next time?
You wouldn't know what to do.
What if you talked to Aerin now and fly to Jeju before you actually mess Seventeen up? Jeju was your original destination anyway. You thought the atmosphere there would give you some great inspired feeling for your book.
That's it!
You grabbed your laptop and continued your book, because if anything can make you calm down again, it'd be work.
(Author: Have I ever mentioned that you're a poet? Yup. LMAOOO)

Having your earphones on, you didn't notice someone knocking on the door, only when you looked up and your eyes went to that direction. You got back to your laptop and continued writing. Typing. Whatever.
You saw him walk towards you through your peripheral vision. What does he want this time?
He grabbed one-half of your earphones like he always does, proceeding to sit beside you. You don't care and you don't really mind. Thank God the window's space is wide enough for the both of you.
"Do you even have happy songs?"
"You can go downstairs and sing and dance BOOMBOOM with the rest if you wanted happy," you answered him, still not looking up from the laptop.
"Potato, can I ask you something?"
"You already did."
"Aish, jinjja. But really. Why are you so cold to me? You're..."
"I'm what?"
"Not like this to the others."
"Because I'd be damned if I treat you like I treat them."
He fell silent. You continued typing.
"But, how am I any different? I'm not even your bias... right?"
Right. You ignored his question and just continued with what you were doing.
"I'm sorry."
You momentarily stopped typing, then continued again a second later.
"Potato, I'm sorry. Please talk to me."
"Okay."
"You're mad at me, aren't you?"
"I'm not."
"Then why are you like this?"
"What 'like this'? I'm always this way. Take it or leave it."

You finished editing another poem so you went on to your next one. You were slightly surprised when he leaned his head on your shoulder. You thought of shrugging him off, but you didn't. He's been really kind to you this morning despite the whole prank thing.
Maybe he's tired. Giving him rest is the least you could do. You still love him anyway. Not that you'll ever tell him that. Ever.
You decided to close the book's file for now, focusing on the melody softly blasting through your earphone. "I was really scared, you know."
Hansol replied, "Yeah?"
"Yeah. At first, I was just nervous because, well, you really did such an idiotic thing. I kind of learned about your dormitory rules, ever since I met all of you. And leaving beyond curfew... that was stupid."
"Sorry."
"Stop saying sorry. I got scared when I felt like it was such a big issue on Seungcheol-oppa's part, and I kind of understand that, too. I mean, if you're gonna be difficult now that you don't have a girlfriend yet, what more when you meet the one who'll make you happy? You'll always want to be with that person, you'll always want to see her. It'll be difficult to manage your time, and time will come that you'll have to choose. Between her and your... commitments. So when Seungcheol-oppa started his... I don't know what to call it, I got really scared. He called you Vernon, for God's sake. Then when he..."
"When he what, Potato?"
"When he asked for your ring, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. I mean, who am I even to be a choice for you? Obviously, it'll be the ring! Why would he even make you give it up?!"
"You do realize it's a prank right?"
"Yes, I do, but still-"
"If it wasn't, it would've been you."
"What did you say?"
"If it wasn't a prank, and Hyung made me choose, I would have picked you."

You don't know what to say so you kept quiet. You cleared your throat minutes later.
"You're stupid. Why would you give your dreams up for a worthless potato?"
"You're not worthless. And I wouldn't be giving my dreams up, I would be reaching for it."
"But, hypothetically, you said you'd choose me. How is that not giving your dreams up?"
"Ever since I realized just how much I like you, you became my dream."
"Why are you like this?"
He had his head up, and looked at you. "Like what? Like you? Yeah, I like you."
You tried not blushing too much. "Aish, jinjja. I meant why are you speaking like that?"
"I'm always this way. Take it or leave it. I mean, no, just take it. Take it or take it. Don't leave it. No leaving."