26: Jinjja? ; 진짜?

"I'm really sorry for everything, Hansol... I do love you, too." You looked at his sleeping face for some more, admiring how a human being could possibly look that perfect.
"That was all I ever wanted, you know."
O.O SHIT- THINK FAST-
"...and Seungcheol-oppa... and Soonyoung-oppa... and Joshua-oppa... and Jeonghan-oppa-"
"Yah."
"What?"
"Geumanhae. I get it."
Whew. You realized how you can't seem to just let go of everything and let yourself be happy.
Hansol got up his chair and went to the kitchen, for some water maybe. You decided to continue reading your book. He came out eventually and went straight to sit beside you.
"Gamja."
"Wae?"
"Why would Hyung give you flowers?"
Can you tell him that? "I can't tell you."
"Wae?!"
"Just... ask me another question. I won't lie this time. Yaksuk." You offered him your pinky fingers, which he immediately grabbed with his own.
"You know what," you said, pulling your fingers off his hold, "Let's have dinner first. What do you want?"
"Just... I really liked the way you cooked that ramyeon."
Did he now? "Jinjja?"
"Don't ask me if you won't believe my answer, Potato. Unlike you, I don't lie."
You just pouted and got up, going to the kitchen to cook that ramyeon. After a couple of minutes, you're setting a bowl down in front of him again, like you did two days ago.
The two of you ate in silence. Aish, jinjja. Why is my heart beating like some palpitated piece of muscle?!
"What's that sound?"
"Mwo?!"
"Amudo. Must have been my imagination." And he continued slurping the noodles. Did he actually hear your heartbeats?!
Heol.
You waited for him to finish so you can wash the bowls now. You told him to just wait there, but he insisted on his 'helping you' thing, even if all he did was wipe them dry.

You did not mind.

"I can ask you anything except the reason why, right?" He asked, the two of you sitting on the couch face to face.
"Y-yes. Fire away." Are you really doing this?
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"No. I told you I do not have a boyfriend."
"Jinjja?!"
You can't help but roll your eyes at him. "I made a pinky promise, Banana. I'm not one to break pinky promises."
"Fine. Did you really say 'I love you, too' to that man on the airport or was that just me being paranoid?"
"I really said 'I love you, too'. Next."
"Aish, jinjja! Who was that man-"
"That man on the airport is Joon-oppa."
"Joon... Joon as in the me to your Hangyeol?"
"Yes. The very same one."
He frowned. "Oh. I got jealous for no reason."
You did not hear that last bit properly. Why is he suddenly saying something about shells? "What was that? Got shells... what?"
"Nothing. So you do not have a boyfriend. How many have you had?"
"One."
"Aish, jinjja! It'll be okay, I swear. I won't get mad."
What right does he have to get mad, though? You wondered. "I said one. You know who."
He's just looking at you. "Jinjja?"
"Are you gonna hold my word on my promise or not? We're wasting time if you're not believing me at all."
"Fine, fine. What did I tell you when I was drunk? I wanna know everything."
Oh, no. Aigoo~ you wanted to keep that memory to yourself!
"You just sang a solo drunk version of Ulgo Shipji Anha."
He squinted at you. "Geojitmalhada." (You're lying.)
"A-anieyo!" (N-no!)
He crossed his arms. "So you are lying. Neo yaksukhaesseo!" (You promised!)
"Arasseo. Wait, let me remember." You told him, although you remember every word from that night. (Alright.)
Of course you remember. It's the first time he said he loves you. Or at least, the first time you actually believed him.
"Okay. You told me not to call you 'banana' because only 'your potato' calls you that. I asked you if you want water or anything, you said 'I want... I want p-' and fell asleep right on this very couch."
"Mwo?!"
"Ne. You came to my room and-"
"I did? You did not drag me up there?"
"Duh? Do you think I can drag you? Do I look like a weightlifter to you?"
"Ani. Continue."
"So, you sat on my bed and started talking to the lamp."
You had a mini-heart attack when he suddenly grabbed your shoulders. "What did we talk about?!"
"I don't know. You kept slurring so I went to sleep instead."
"Dasi geojitmalhaesseo." (You lied again.)
"Nope." Sorry, Hansol.
"Why do you lie though? Like, in a general way."
"Because I don't want things to get complicated."
"Oh, yeah. 'Keep it simple,' you said." He stood again and came back with a glass of water. "You want?"
You shook your head, so he drank everything. Putting the glass on the table, he sat on the couch, facing you again.