16: He's gone.

¤ Y O U ¤

You weren't aware that you were closing your eyes, making you surprised seeing Aerin when you opened them.
"Y/N, are you okay?" She's looking worriedly at you. You looked at yourself and saw that you were hugging your knees close, slightly rocking yourself.
Your breaths hitched when you realized you just had your weird panic attack.
You closed your eyes again, trying to calm yourself. You heard Aerin talk to Seungcheol.
"Yeobo, get me a glass of water and a blanket. And a towel, too."
"Arasseo."
After deciding that you're calmed down, you put down your legs, sitting straight now. You looked at your hands, not surprised to see them slightly trembling.
Aerin walked towards you and gave you a hug.
"How long, Eonni?" You asked her, wanting to know how long were you like that.
"Thirty minutes. Mianhae, Y/N-ah. I forgot to tell Yeobo about some... things."
"It's okay, Eonni. I'm okay. Where are they?"
She let you go and undid your hair, gently tying it back with a ponytail.
"They got back to the dorm. This is why you're not accepting him, isn't it? It's not about the three-month thing," she said, and you just nodded.
Seungcheol came back, bringing a towel, a blanket and a glass of water. He held out the glass to you, which you gratefully accepted.
You held out your hand to Aerin for the towel, but she did not give it to you. "No, Yeodongsaeng. Let me," she just said, and started wiping your sweaty forehead and temples, along with the back of your neck. You feel so pampered.
You got down by the window, and Seungcheol immediately wrapped you in the blanket, intentionally avoiding your shoulders. You looked up at him and smiled, "It's okay, Oppa. Jinjja."
He gave you a small smile. "Still, mianhaeyo. I promise to be careful from now on."
They led you to your room, and stayed with you until they were sure that you're okay.
Shall you tell your brother? No. It's not necessary.
You're fine.
You were distracted from your thoughts when your phone rang.

Your Banana is calling...
Answer | Reject

You tapped Answer.
"Potato~ Mianhaey-"
"How the hell did you get my number?"
"Ah~ aigoo. Must you always be so cold?"
Are you? Good. "That's the goal."
"Aigoo. Is Hyung still there or has he gone?"
"Here."
"Did he talk to you?"
"Yeah."
"Are you really gonna reply to me in monosyllables?"
"Maybe."
"Aish, jinjja. How are you?"
Why is he asking? "I'm good."
"You don't sound like you are."
"Mwoya?"
"You sound like you're made to remember something you don't wanna remember. You sound grumpy."
"Maybe because I wanna sleep, and you're disturbing me," you told him, wanting to take him away off that topic while you still can.
"Aish, jinjja. Why are you still awake then?"
"Back at you. Why are you still awake?"
"Because I can't sleep."
"Why? I thought I told you who Joon-oppa is."
"Because I wasn't able to bid you goodbye. Hyung made us go back right away. I would've stayed over because Gyeol's there but Hyung did not allow me."
"Okay. Goodbye then."
"Ah- Aish, jinjja! Don't end it yet, aigoo. I thought we were friends? Friends don't shut calls down."
"Are we? Friends?"
"Well, I'd really like you to be my girlfriend but you do not wanna be my girlfriend, so I'm settling with you being my friend, who is a girl. So yes, we're friends. Why? Don't you treat me as a friend?"

He wants you to be his girlfriend. HE WANTS YOU TO BE HIS GIRLF- "Shut up."
"What?"
"Shut up."
"Ah-aish, jinjja. Why even? Did I say something wrong again?"
Why is he so straightforward? You're gonna have a heart failure if this continued.
You weren't ending the call, and he wasn't, too. The two of you weren't speaking at all. You were slowly falling asleep when he spoke again.
Sing, rather.
You were surprised when you realized that your breaths returned to normal, and that you weren't hugging yourself anymore.
You're finally at ease. Finally, you can sleep.
"Chinguya~ Are you still awake? Potato? Y/N-ah?"

¤ 한솔 ¤

"Gamjachinguya~ Yoohoo~" She's already snoring. Is she really asleep?
She replied, her voice already groggy.
"Mwo?"
"Nae daehan kkumeul kkuda."
"Why would I do that?"
"So we can see each other."
"Why would I want to see you?"
"Because I'm handsome."
"Okay, goodby-"
"No! No! Okay, sorry. I'll stop. Don't end it yet," I said, hoping she'll change her mind about ending the call.
"Why did you sing that anyways?"
"I was just listening to it and remembered so~ yeah. Do you listen to them?"
"I do."
"What's your favorite song? I bet it's another sad one."
"Dokhan Sarang (Cold Love)." Okay. Hardcore.
"And... my bet's right. Gamja, I'm curious."
"So?"
Ah~ this girl, really. "Aish, jinjja. Why do you like sad songs so much?"
"Because they let me know that I'm not alone."
I turned, careful as to not shake the bed.
"Mwo? But you're not alone. We're here. I'm here."
"They let me know that I'm not alone in my sadness."
"Why are you sad, Potatochinguya?"
"Because I can't be happy. Not until..."
Until what? "Yah. Continue what you're saying."
I thought I'm gonna hear snores again and I did, but then, I heard sniffs, too.
"C-chinguya... are you crying?"