"We're not-"

"Yes you are, and frankly, I tire of this, of all of this."

Before Jack can move, Loki drags him around the side of the building, flings open the door and throws the boy down. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" yells Jack. 

"What I always planned on doing." snarls Loki, hauling Jack next to a metal post and hastening handcuffs on his wrists. 

"This wasn't the plan!" howls Jack, struggling against the chains, but to no avail. "I was supposed to-"

"And so was Thea." Loki smiles down at Jack. "So was Thea."

*

The rain flies around through the camp, as everyone is running around, preparing to leave. The new plan is for Tony to fly around the camp unless he was needed at the base. His task is to watch over the children and to secure the base. He is not very happy about that. 

In the midst of the rain and the storm that is howling around, there is someone howling inside her soul. 

Thea is inside the dark shed, lying on the ground, crying. The chains are around her wrists and around her elbows, effectively tying her down to the steel rings around her. Her ankles are shackled as well, connected to the chains from her arms, which twists them uncomfortably. She's not in pain, but in discomfort, and effective way of hindering her movements and stopping her from even trying to escape. 

She is completely alone, save for the raucous of the crickets that are excited from the storm. Her breath is intense, as she is fighting for control of emotions. 

But she is failing fast. Her cries echo through the room, and she yanks forward, trying to free herself, but every time she yanks, her arms are jerked backwards painfully. She wails as she nearly dislocates her shoulder, and the hots tears stream down her face. 

A shadow falls across her, but she doesn't look up, doesn't make a movement that tells Loki she knows he is there. She is as still as a statue, her face just as blank as if it were made out of stone.

He breaks the ice first as he looks down at her. "You gave me no choice, Thea."

She doesn't move.

"Did you expect me to sit back and watch you die? You may have a warrior's fight running through your veins, but Thea, you are still a child." He kneels down in front of her, and when she doesn't move, he lifts her chin so that she has no choice but to look into his eyes. 

Her lip trembles and she whispers harshly, "You promised."

"I never did. I never had any intentions of letting you fight, Thea. You are too precious."

"No," she scoffs, swallowing hard and tripping over her words. "Precious?! Maybe... maybe...because I'm just...I'm just a lab...lab rat with something the Imeldi shot into me, something... something that just tears...tears me apart every day. I just...just want it to be over. I WANT TO DIE!" 

She shrieks so loudly, Loki closes his eyes and inhales deeply. Her sobs finally collapse, and she begins to cry hysterically, dropping her face in anguish. 

Shaking his head, Loki says, "Stop it Thea, stop this right now."

His words are to no avail. She continues crying, and there is no stopping her. Finally, he says, "If it tames your wretched heart, then you may know that Jack is no longer accompanying us on the mission into the Imeldi camp."

"What?" she raises her head. "So you made him false promises and locked him up too?"

"If you want to put it that way, then yes, yes I did."

Thea stares at him. Suddenly, she lunges at him, snarling, seconds away from becoming savage. Loki jerks back, and she misses him by inches, "HOW DARE YOU?! HOW COULD YOU? YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO US, LOKI!"

Loki knows that he can do nothing for Thea. Standing, he walks towards the door.

"I HATE YOU!" she shrieks. "AND IF I HAVE TO DIE, I WANT YOU DEAD ALONG WITH ME!"

He whirls around so quickly that beams of ice fly from his hand, narrowly missing Thea as she scrabbles and struggles against the floor and against the chains, trying to get at him like a caged animal. "DON'T SAY THAT!" he roars. "Stop this murderous passion! Stop trying to think that you want to die!"

"I want to die!" she yells at him. "I want to get out of this miserable hell-hole that I've been dumped into!"

"You're acting like a child, like the child you are!" he yells back. "You act strong when inside, you are a weak girl, screaming to get whatever she desires."

"And you're a beast!" she screams. "You think you can do whatever you want to whoever you want just because you want to!"

"I'm trying to protect you, I'm trying to save your miserable life!" 

"Why? WHY?" she yells "You don't care about me, the only person you care about is yourself!"

Loki has lost it. He is practically shaking with rage. "Oh, I am through with you, I am so through with you and your idiotic, childish brain."

"You're through with my brain!" Thea shrieks. "I'm through with you!" 

"Well good. We agree on something." 

The door slams.

Thea stares at the empty space in front of her and then dissolves into tears. 

Sorry if this was a boring chapter... I promise the next one will be better...

Again, the photo credits go to lokidottir :)

Please VOTE and COMMENT... if you'd like!!! 

Hope you have had a great day!

~Sierra!