39- Rage (*)(/)

Hi! So this one is a little shorter.... but I hope you like it! 

 :) 

Chapter Thirty-Nine

~Nobody's POV~

"You're a good lad," says Kyle, setting his hand on Jack's shoulder, only to get it thrown off by the boy. 

"Get away from me," Jack snarls. Thunder sounds overhead as an early storm rolls across the hills. 

"Jack-"

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" he screams. "It's your FAULT!" 

"C'mon Jack, be a man! You did what was best for Thea, what was best by you. You want her to die or something? Is that it?"

"I want her to be able to make her own choices!"

Kyle throws his hands up in the air. "Jack, you're being insane! Do you think I want this for her either?"

" You're just another adult who thinks they know best! You don't even care about Th-"

"Don't you DARE say that!" roars Kyle. "I care about her just as much as you do, you know that!"

"YOU'RE NOT HER FRIEND! YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE FOR HER!"

"Yes I have, and she's like my sister!" yells Kyle. "An "I'm trying to PROTECT her, not gain her favor by nearly killing her!"

"Don't! DON'T SAY THAT!" screams Jack. 

"Well it's true!" Kyle exclaims, "Just because you want to make friends with her, or hell, maybe you even have a crush on her,  doesn't mean you can go on silly adventures, just trying to live her life!" 

Jack stares at Kyle, shocked. Then, he runs from the building, out into the pouring rain.

*

"YOU!" 

Loki doesn't have time to react before Jack slams into him and knocks him into a wall on the left storage building. "You monster!" 

Loki doesn't fight Jack, but looks into the boy's eyes coolly. 

"This was all your idea, wasn't it?!"

"Why yes it was," says Loki, smiling. "But you already knew that, didn't you?" 

Jack is breathing through gritted teeth, hardly able to control himself. "Why are you even here?! You're an alien, you don't belong here, you don't even care about her because you're just a mental man who doesn't care about her, nobody does."

Suddenly, Loki grabs Jack's neck, spins him around, and slams him into the wall. Jack gags slightly, but Loki is relentless.

"Stop rambling, you're speaking nonsense. NONSENSE, Jack!" he spits. "These are desperate times, and desperate times call for desperate measures! I don't want Thea dead. Is that what you wish?"

"STOP IT!" snarls Jack. "STOP SAYING THAT ! You're just like everybody else. Do you think I want her dead?"

Loki snorts. "Well your track record is not doing you any good."

"You're a monster!" Jack exclaims. "You-"

"Stop saying that!" Loki yells. "Don't you dare say that any longer!"

"It's true! It's true, it's true, it's true!" yells Jack. 

"Argh!" Loki growls. "This is ridiculous, this is what I get, what anyone gets, for having children along on this sort of thing."