Chapter 7

Serenity's pov.

William and I spent several hours talking and I was so glad to know that he didn't hate me like I originally thought he had. We had even chosen a day for another date and I was excited for it to happen because we really did have a connection, the mate bond helped a lot from what I could tell. I was really tied after staying up almost all night talking to William so when I finally walked into my father's room he gives me a smile before kissing my checks. "How was your talk?" Father asks and I give a small sigh before smiling widely at him. "It was better than I thought. Thank you for bringing him here father." I say and he smirks a little before hugging me to him. I yawn a little and he chuckles at me because I was trying hard to stay awake a little longer to talk with him more. He helps me change into a night gown before forcing me to lay in bed where he laid next to me. "Tell me a little about what you talked about." Father says as he runs his fingers throw my hair. I yawn again before snuggling closer to my father's side, my head now on his shoulder as his arm wraps around me a little. "We talked about flowers seeing as how we were in the garden and we talked about ....about." I say before falling asleep.

When I wake up the sky was bright and I growl a little as the bright sun light shines right into my eyes. There was a chuckle in the room and I look around until my eyes land on my father who just walked into the room. "I see the sun did my job for me." Father says as he walks over and I growl again before pulling the pillow over my face as I roll over a little. Father pulls the pillow away and leans over a smirk on his face before he kisses me on the check. "We are going hunting tonight. You haven't feed in a while and I'm starting to worry about you." Father says as he helps me sit up and I let him dress me up in the silly human cloths not in a good mood from the way I was woken up. Father leaves me in the library all day long to read and he teaches me more French because I would need it later in life as my father said. "Je me demande si William peut parler Français ? (I wonder if William can speak French?)" I say as I look out the window before picking up the book father wanted me to read. I knew it must be about time for the humans to eat dinner because I could smell something burning from down stairs and only Bard could do that twice a day every day. I still didn't understand why father had such a man working here. It was clear to me that he had no formal training in cooking and even I who could only cook a limited amount of things was better than him.

I sit back down in my chair and start to read the book in my lap. There was the sound of heavy footsteps behind me and I jump a little when warm hands fall on my shoulder. I turn to look at Ciel who's soul was smelling better than normal making the dull acing pain in my side hurt worst than normal. "Serenity what are you doing in here alone? It's getting dark and you should read by candle light or you will hurt your eyes." Ciel scolds as he reaches over to the candle holder that was near by. I jump up and cover his hands before busying myself with lighting a few candles in the room to read by for the sake of appearing human like father had toughed me."You should be working in your study Ciel. I'm doing as father asked, keeping out of the way and continuing with my lesions like he asked." I say before returning to my seat and starting to read again. "Serenity I was hoping to talk to you about when we were in London." Ciel starts as he takes a seat next to me and I drop the book into my lap to look at him again. The room was filling to quickly with his sweet smelling soul making the dull ack get stronger so it felt like there was a fire burning harshly in my side. I needed someone to save me to come in and take Ciel away before I attack him making father mad at me. "What about it Ciel?" I ask as I look away from him and biting my bottom lip hard to the point where blood was rolling and I hoped that father would smell that and come see what was wrong.

"You called me love, I want to know why?" Ciel says and I tilt my head thinking back on what had happened in London besides meeting William. There was that party and the disgusting man who was going to keep me and had drugged me twice but I don't remember much because of that. "I do not really recall calling you that. I know I must have but the drug they used on me the second time has caused my memory to be a little hazy." I say and just like that my silent prays to the dark one were answered with father walking into the room. I was holding my breath now and father looked me over then looked slowly at Ciel before opening the window in front of me and moving my chair with me in it next to said open window.  "Young master dinner is ready so if you would follow me." Father says before giving him a small bow. Ciel sighs before following my father out of the room. I give a sigh in relief now that I was alone once again and look slowly around the room. Not much later my father walks into the room and over to me bending down so he was looking into my eyes. "What just happened?" Father asks and I quickly tell him not wanting to be in trouble at all. Father nods before sending me up to his room with several book he wanted me to read before blowing out the candles and closing the windows. Once in my father's room I light a candle before sitting down on his bed and start back reading where I had left off in the book.