Chapter 23

William's pov.

Two weeks, it has been two weeks since I had seen my wife and I was starting to get a little annoyed that I hadn't. Grell at every chance he got asked me if I really loved Serenity, if I would ever leave her and when I could set up a date for him with her father. He also liked to create more paperwork for me so I was away from my wife longer than I wished to be. I just about jumped for joy when I got a phone call so I didn't have to talk to Grell any longer. Grell leaves me alone and once I answered the phone there was nothing but silence on the other end making me frown a little before a click telling me the call was ended on the other end. "Odd." I mumble before hanging the phone up myself and shaking my head. At lunch I had time off so I head to Undertaker's shop. I was hoping that he could help me set up a romantic date for Serenity. I had told him all about getting married to her, he hadn't been able to come to the wedding due to the elders being present, they didn't get along for some reason. "Undertaker?" I call and hear his chuckle before he walks out of a coffin that was near by. "William what can I do for you today?" He asks and I sigh before using my death scythe to push up my glasses. "I was hoping that you could help me with something. Grell is making it nearly impossible for me to see my wife and I want to treat her to a nice meal. I was hoping you might be able to help me." I say and he cackles a little before nodding his head a few times.

"I would love to help but only if you can make me laugh." Undertaker says making me frown a little. I was never good at making jokes so how could I do so now. I didn't have long o figure this out. He watches me expectantly and I give a small sigh. "My father-in-law is a demon." I say and Undertaker starts to laugh loudly before nodding his head. "That is the truth not a joke. I know that. But still it is funny to think about." Undertaker says as his laughter dies down a little. After that I finally head back to work. Once back Grell was right there at my desk his creepy wide smile that only meant trouble in my mind. "Ohhh Will your back. I was so worried about going out on my own once again." Grell says and I sigh silently before fixing my glasses. "Please refrain from calling me that. If Serenity were to hear you she would kill you and I will not stop her." I say making him frown a little. I normally never threaten him in such a friendly manner as I have today. "Your so mean to me William. If you hate me so much then maybe I should just die again." Grell says making me roll my eyes at him. "No please that will cause more paperwork for me that I do not wish to deal with. Let us get back to work." I say in my normal emotionless tone before getting the records we need to do our job.

Serenity's pov.

I helped father to deliver some packages early in the morning. Once we got back I helped the others pack for the trip Ciel and my father was taking. I was going to be staying in my house for the first time. Undertaker was supposed to come see me along with one of my uncles, not the one who wished to marry me. Father didn't want me going with himself or Ciel to France making me frown a little because I had taken the time to learn French once I got here. Father promised to take me there someday soon when William had to work for a month or longer without being able to come home. I was still going to be working here at the manor everyday. I sigh softly as I help pack things up. I hadn't talked to Ciel in the last two weeks but I wasn't going to let him go without saying something to him. "Young master would you like anything to drink before you leave?" I ask once the others had left Ciel alone. Ciel looks over at me before giving a small sigh. "I see you are talking to me again." Ciel says making me give a small sigh. "I did not know what to say to you once I found out father told you about his fight with William. I was a little upset with you both for talking about such things." I finally say as I walk over to him and he looks me over slowly. I stop right in front of him and he reaches out to me before taking my hand in his. "My contract with your father would be over soon. Before it is may I make a request of you?" Ciel asks seriousness clear on his face and his eyes looked hard.