Chapter 17

Serenity's pov.

I glare at the door as I listen to people walking around down stairs until I hear a voice that sounds a little familiar to me but I couldn't place my finger on it. I give a small annoyed sigh before sitting down on the bed swinging my legs a little as I think over what had happened. There had to be something I was missing, father wasn't going to die that easily after all I was getting married soon and uncle was coming after me to have me which was really creepy. "That voice...." I mumble lightly before leaning back a little and falling onto my back. I stare blankly up at the plane roof making me frown a little. The rain was so calming and I close my eyes a little just relaxing at the sound of it, letting the sound of the rain was away all the uneasy feelings I was having over all of this. I still wasn't feeling like my normal self but I was feeling much better compared to the last day or two.

"Something is not right about all of this. I just wish I knew what it was." I say before closing my eyes and giving another small sigh. If only father had left me a clear clue of message. I hated being kept in the dark like this and it made me feel like more of a child because father was keeping me out like this. I hear footsteps getting closer to my father's room and in walks Ciel with an odd looking man. I give them both a questioning look and the man looks a little shocked to see me. "Serenity this is Reverend...." Ciel starts but I smile a little and walk over to them. I take a deep breath once next to the odd man and smile widely at him. "So that's it." I say before looking at Ciel and nodding my head a few times then sitting back down on the bed. "Serenity why are you so happy?" Ciel asks me and I just give him a mischievous smirk. "No reason. I'm going to go out to the garden for some air. It might make me feel even better." I say as I stand and both Ciel and the odd man frown a little at me.

I skip outside the room and down the hall humming an odd tone that mom used to sing to me. I stop when I see the others and they give me a confused look. "Serenity where are you going?" Mey-Rin asks me and I just give her a wide smile. "Outside. I like the rain." I say and she frowns a little at me. "Who is that girl anyways?" Someone asks and Bard stiffens a little before looking over everyone there. "Mr. Lau it's nice to see you again." I say and he gives me a wide smile. "It's nice to see you again as well." Lau says before he looks at Ran-Mao and whispers in her ear "Who is that again?" I give a small sigh and look over everyone in the room once again noticing one man in particular watching me carefully. "Serenity you shouldn't head outside. Your still sick." Finny says and I give an annoyed sigh. "Your right but I want to go outside. I just...." I say letting my words brake off and I soon feel a hand on my shoulder. "Here." Tanaka says and I give him a small smile as I take the umbrella he had handed me before walking outside. As I walk I could hear Tanaka say "That is Serenity, she is Sebastian's daughter. Her mother died recently and she just found him again after several months looking for him." The woman gives a small shocked gasp before a fake sounding cry.

Once outside I walk over to a tall tree with the umbrella open and I spin it a little. Once there I close it and climb quickly up the tree before sitting in a tall branch. Soon I see a flash of a person running in the rain and smile a little as I make out that it was my father. I knew he was playing a game and I was going to watch as it plays out so long as no one got hurt in the process. I look up at the sky and let the rain drench me making me smile a little. Yes the fresh air was nice and cold but the rain was warm and inviting. "Your going to get worst if you sit out here. I do not want you to faint again." William says and I look over at him. "William what are you doing here?" I ask and he sits next to me before opening the umbrella and holding it over the two of us then moving closer to me. "I came to check on you. I was very worried when a reaper was sent to this manor last night twice. I feared something had happened to you." He says before looking over at me. "Some of the guest were killed. Father faked his death and I have to act depressed about it. I was really scared when I saw him there lifeless and prided to the dark one that he was just playing a game with me. I should have known that with the humans around he would not answer me. I was just so scared and confused." I say letting my voice drop to a whisper and William shifts a little, soon I feel his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him and he holds me as I let a few tears fall. "It is going to be alright love. But I do not want you getting worst. Your skin is much to warm and your breathing is rapid. Please for me go back inside and sleep. I will be back later tonight to check on you." He says before he kisses my cheek. "Promise?" I ask as I hold out my pinkie to him and he chuckles a little before hooking his with mine.