Chapter 6

Sebastain's pov.

Once I had found out about my little girl's mate I was more than mad. But her smile that hadn't faded since meeting him made it almost impossible for me to be mad at him or even her. I had been shocked to find out that her mate was a shinigami let alone one that had gotten in the way of me carrying out my orders. Serenity was out on her date which made me a little worried and when she came home tears were in her eyes making me rush over to her and pull her into a tight hug. "What did he do? I will kill him for braking your heart." I growl and she shakes her head a little. "Uncle tried to kidnap me then the other grim reapers showed up and almost attacked me." She says and I hold her tighter to my body. I was mad that my brother would do such a thing and had a feeling something was going to go wrong on this whole ordeal. I pick up my daughter and carry her up to my room before sitting on the bed with her in my lap. She cried for a few hours and I was glad that my master had been busy with the preparations for the funeral tomorrow.

I was a little relived to see my daughter had cried herself to sleep in my hold and needed to think of a way to make sure my brother did not get near my sweet little girl again. I lay her out on the bed and head down to make tea for my master in hopes that he would be in better spirits now. When I brought in the tea in he looked up at me. "I heard a racket a few hours ago what happened?" My master asks not looking up at me as I put the tea cup next to him on the desk. "Serenity went to talk with the grim reaper from last night. She wanted to apologies to him in person and explain herself. Other demon's found her and tried to take her to my family." I say and practical spit out the last word making my master pause in his work to look up. "Why?" He asks a worried look in his eyes making me wonder what it was that my master felt for my daughter. "My brother wants to marry her. It has to do with her mother. I believe....." I start but stop. If I was to say anything good came from his aunt's death now he would be angry at Serenity who was already in a compromised emotional state. My master nods his head before giving a small sigh. "Sebastian is she alright?" He asks and I nod my head before getting back to work.

I was just about to start the preparations for dinner when I could hear the sound of someone walking around up stairs. I begin to worry about my daughter so I head up to my room. When I open the door Serenity walks quickly over to me rubbing her eyes in a cute way telling me she just got up. I walk over to the bed and lean over before kissing the top of her head a few times. She reaches up to me and I chuckle silently before picking her up and rocking her a little. "He must hate me now. My mate hates me all because of uncle." Serenity cries into my shoulder. "No my dear that is not true." I say as I hold her closer to me. She cries for a little longer before her cries turn to soft sniffles. "But what if he does hate me now? How can you know for certain that he doesn't?" She asks as she looks into my eyes and I give a soft sigh. "I know because I was like him. He can't hate you, you are his mate." I say before cleaning her face and she gives a small sigh. "Now let's change your dress and have tea together. We can have a tea party like we would at home." I say and Serenity smiles up at me. It was a sad smile but it was one none the less. She lets me change her dress and then we walk down to the kitchen together.

Bard runs over to Serenity the moment we walk in giving her a big smile and Serenity hides behind me in a shy manner. It would appear that her confidence has taken a hit with the thought of her mate hating her. "Bard go help Finny out in the garden for now." I say and he frowns a little but covers it before running out to the garden leaving me alone with my daughter who gives a small sigh and relaxes. She helps me cook and once we were done I look over my daughter who had stayed silent this whole time. I take tea up to my master before leading Serenity up the the big room she had found before setting it up for a tea party. Once Serenity was sitting down she finally gives me a small smile. "Mum would know what to do in a situation like this right? I wish she was still here to help me." Serenity says in a soft tone and I feel pain shot throw my heart. My daughter was hurting and I had no idea how to make her feel better or even make thing better. "She would be proud of you and tell you how happy she was you found your mate. But my dear I'm trying hard to be there for you like she would as well as how I feel. I'm happy you found your mate I truly am but at the same time I hate him because I feel like he might take you away from me. Now dear let's drink our tea and have a little fun." I say and she gives me a half smile.