Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight - Love & Regret

Chris' Point Of View

I tried not to feel anything as I got in my car. I tried to pretend that I didn't feel absolutely awful as I sat on the black leather seat.

Ever since Macy's death two weeks ago, we tried to act normal, for her sake. We really tried.

It just didn't work.

My mother got news, as did Meleah, and we spent hours on the phone crying and telling our best stories about Macy and her light.

Our mother wanted us home instantly, and Zach and I didn't bother complain. Daisy and I had gotten much closer and I made her promise me that we would stay in touch this time, and I didn't doubt that she wouldn't keep her promise. After all, we spit shook on it.

"You ready?" Zach asked from the front seat.

I nodded, not trusting my voice to speak. I had come to realize that I loved Ian over the course of the past couple day's and asked for Daisy's advice, to which she just said "If you love him then you just know," and I knew.

That's why it made it all the more hard to leave him, and everyone in the aftermath of Macy's tragedy.

I felt sick.

***

Ian's Point Of View

As soon as I got Zach's text that they were leaving, I sprinted the whole two miles to Chris' house where she would be.

I was hurt that she would leave me without saying anything, we had been getting close the past few days despite everything.

I reached her driveway in record timing, and watched as her black Jeep pulled out of the driveway. I saw her sitting in the passenger seat, her head up against the window and her hair pulled back into a bun.

She reached up and wiped her eyes before looking out the window, at me, standing on the side of the road.

She suddenly yelled something making Zach jerk his hand off the wheel, and pull over quickly.

My heart rate picked up as she ran over to me, tears streaming down her pretty face, "you know this'll never work."

I nodded, "I know."

She half smiled a little, before wiping her cheeks hastily and putting her lips on mine.

The kiss started out gentle and soft, before we both grew more passionate and the kiss deepened.

When we broke apart for air her full lips were swollen and her cheeks flushed.

"Chris Sanders, I love you." I told her at once, blurting the words I've kept inside for so long.

My nerves disappeared as she smiled her gorgeous real smile, all for me. "I think I love you too."

***

Short n sweet right? Don't hate me there's still the epilogue (;