Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen - Cancellations & Screaming

Chris' Point Of View

Twenty minutes later, the six of us were sitting/laying down on the living room floor, a fort of blankets and couch pillows surrounding us.

Zach had refused to tell us who his "friends" were, and he told us that they should be here any moment.

We were munching on the popcorn (whatever was left after Salem and Erika threw it at Zach) and the candy, while telling embarrassing stories of our childhood.

So far, the most embarrassing story, by far, had been Salem peeing her pants at her middle school graduation. According to her, it was white skirts and black shirts, the opposite of every single band concert and formal event in every child's school. She was walking up, when bam, she couldn't hold it anymore and a steady stream of the yellowy liquid ran down her leg.

The way she told the story was so hilarious I almost peed myself.

Ding Dong.

"How is the doorbell still working if the power went out?" Zach asked no one in particular.

"Do I look like an electrician?"

I could sense him rolling his eyes at my remark, "snotty."

"I'm going to get the door!" Meleah announced, and I heard shuffling.

"Salem should get it!" Erika chimed in, and we all snickered knowing full well Salem was basically naked.

"Yeah!" Macy and I shouted in agreement.

"As long as Chris comes with me," Salem bargained.

"Oh, I'm sure my friends would love that," Zach muttered under his breath, but I heard him. "No way," he said louder.

"Now I'm going to do it just to piss you off."

"Seriously, C!" He said angrily, throwing his hands up, and letting them fall back down to his sides, hitting them with a smacking sound.

Meleah sat back down next to me.

Ding Dong. Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

"Shut up!" I yelled towards the front door as Salem and I walked slowly, our hands out in front of us, feeling the wall as we went, careful not to hit anything.

"Zach!" Someone yelled from outside the door, "we're getting soaked, man!"

"We have a porch, you're fine!" I yelled through the closed door, replying to the familiar sounding voice.

"Open the damn door!" A different voice, still familiar, yelled.

I finally found the knob, and turned it, the door swinging inwards.

I could make out six dark silhouettes, and when there was a clap of thunder, I realized who they were.

"'Sup guys?" I asked, and at the same time Callum said, "Chris?"

I swung the door shut, hearing a sickening sounding slam, and Salem locked the door.

"Probably should've had clothes on for that," I thought out loud, and immediately the dark-haired girl agreed with me.

She opened the door again, and only stuck her head out, asking one of the guys for their iPhones, so we could have a light.

I heard muffled sounds, and then a shout at us to open the door more, and soon, Salem opened the door all the way.