Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two - Feelings & Decisions

Chris' Point Of View

Recap -

"I quite like this position, don't you?" Ian asked me, smirking slightly.

I rolled my eyes, "don't be such a per-"

I felt his lips press against mine, and before my brain had a chance to process that it was wrong, I was kissing him back.

I pushed lightly on his chest, breaking apart our lips' contact, feeling the cool evening air sweep across them.

My eyes fluttered open, as he started to get up off the floor and I followed suit. I looked into his confused eyes, "Ia-" I started, the familiar break up speech looming in my head, when he started talking.

"I'm sorry." He looked conflicted, and he didn't speak for a couple of silent seconds, "I-I can't hide my feelings from you forever, Chris. I really like you, and seeing you with Callum, it-it hurts me," he was looking down at his shoes now, and I stood frozen in my spot.

Ian likes me?

He sucked in a big breath of air and continued, "Callum's one of my best friends," he met my eyes now, and his were filled with regret and something else I've never seen in his eyes before, "and it's not fair to him, or you, that you guys can't be happy. So, I'm officially backing out, now that I finally got to feel what kissing you felt like."

He tucked a fly-away strand of hair behind my ear and leaned in, his warm breath tickling my ear, hot compared to the breeze, "I don't know if it meant something to you, babe, but it definitely meant something to me."

His green eyes were clouded with lust when he pulled back, but they cleared up within seconds. He turned around and started walking through the forest, the stray twigs and branches crunching under his shoes.

"I think it did," I whispered to myself as soon as he was disappeared inside the mess of trees and leaves, "I'm just not yet sure what."

***

"Meleah, I need your help..." I told my brunette friend.

She must've heard the desperation in my voice because she turned her position around on the couch so she was facing me, "you're scaring me with your seriousness."

I rolled my eyes at her, glancing around the room at how I would word this.

I decided to come back to my grandmother's house, not for Daisy or Zach (both of whom I was currently mad at) but for myself. And the fact that if I spent another night on Macy's couch I might have a permanent back problem.

"Well," I fidgeted with my fingers, turning them over each other. How do I tell her without her judging me?

"Chris, just tell me already," she calmly stated.

I had a serious sense of dêja-vu from the moment she told me about Andrew, but the role's were reversed. Now I know how she felt.

"I kissed Ian." I decided the blunter the better, so I went for it.

Judging by her condescending look, I could tell that that wasn't the best way to present the make-or-break-my-relationship news.

"Were you caught up in the moment? Or did you actually think 'hey, I'm going to kiss my boyfriend's best friend for fun'?" She asked sarcastically.

I wasn't the cheating type and she knew it, but it still hurt to think that she thought I would consciously cheat on someone.

"I fell out of a tree because there was a spider, and landed on him. He flipped me over, and then kissed me and I kissed him back but then pushed him off and he told me he had feelings for me but he wasn't going to interfere with Callum and I's relationship." I explained hastily wanting the look of shame to leave her face.