Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen - Levels & Movies

Callum's Point Of View

After repeatedly texting Chris, asking her how she was, and if she was okay, my text messages still read 0. So much for talking...

The guys and I were going out with some friends from the football team, and we were already in the car.

I hadn't hung out with most of my teammates, being so caught up with Chris and the guys.

"Man, you excited for tonight?" Dylan said from the drivers seat of his olive green Hummer.

"Hell yeah," I said, "I haven't seen the guys in forever!"

"It's gonna be one hell of a barbecue, Coach Kent's going to be there."

"You know what that means!" Hayden chimed in from the back.

Connor slapped his hand in a high-five as they yelled "burgers!" simultaneously. Sometimes they really do act like twins, I thought to myself, turning on the radio and taking out my phone again.

I plugged my phone into the Aux port in his car, and put on Levels by Avicii, the classic pump up song.

"Wooo!" Ian cheered from the back. He was such a Dubstep kind of guy, it was honestly a little weird. He was obsessive.

"Did your girl Sanders respond yet?" Dylan mocked from the front.

"No," I muttered, my mood instantly darkening.

I paused the song, hearing a huff from Ian, and dialed the familiar number into the dial pad.

It went straight to voice mail.

"It's 9 o'clock at night, maybe she's sleeping?" Dylan suggested, trying to brighten my mood.

"Maybe she's gettin' it on with a lucky lad she picked up at the bar," Ryan spoke, and I immediately turned around and glared at him.

I was about to defend her, but Ian beat me too it, "Chris isn't like that, dude."

I shot him a grateful smile, and put the music back on.

Ryan muttered something under his breath, barely audible, but Hayden and Connor hysterically started laughing, a sign that they heard him.

"What?"

All three of them shot me innocent looks, "what?"

Hayden looked at Connor, a fake confused expression etched onto his face, "did you hear something?"

Connor looked at Ryan, "I didn't. Did you?"

Ryan shook his head and rolled his eyes, "obviously not."

"You're all dicks." I yelled over the music, making the whole car crack up in laughter.

"You're just jealous 'cos you don't have one!" Ryan smirked.

I groaned, "seriously?"

He grinned like a Cheshire cat, "you have to admit that was funny."

"Props to you, dude," Hayden said, fist bumping him across the aisle.

Ryan smirked, pleased with himself.

"Why'd we even invite you along, you're not part of the team," Ian grumbled angrily, still staring out of the window.

"Damn, E, what crawled up your ass and died?" Connor asked, earning another earful of laughs from the car.

"We're there!" Dylan told us, just as the laughter died down a bit.