Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven - Date & Fears

Callum's Point Of View

"You're being a girl, just grow a pair and ask her out already!" Hayden yelled at me from across the room.

It was a couple days after the guys and I last saw Chris at Chester's and she was all I could think about. The guys thought I was some sort of love sick puppy because I didn't want to do anything without talking to Chris first, and by talking I mean finally asking her out on a date, which they've been non-stop making fun of me for.

"Okay..." I muttered looking down at my phone.

I deleted the message I was going to send to her, again, for what seemed like the hunderedth time today.

"Call her already!" Connor shouted at me, throwing popcorn.

Paranormal Activity 2 was on the TV and they were all sitting on my big leather couch in our living room, throwing popcorn and jumping every time something popped out. It was hilarious.

"I'm calling her now, so stop screaming like little girls!"

I clicked the dial button and heard the dial tone before she picked up on the fourth ring, "Hello?"

"Hey, Chris, it's Callum," I said awkwardly. Ryan snorted from next to me and I elbowed him in the ribs.

"I know," she laughed, "I have caller ID."

"Right... Well I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow night?"

She paused, and for a second I didn't think she heard me.

"On a date?" I heard her ask.

"Yeah."

I was growing more and more nervous because she didn't answer right away, and the twins and Ryan were sending me confused glances. Ian kept watching the movie with an angry expression on his face, and I told myself I'd ask him about it later.

"I'd like that," she said.

"Great!" I mentally cheered, "wear something warm and casual, I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow night."

"Okay, I'll text you my address."

"Alright, see you tomorrow."

"Bye," she replied, and she hung up before I could utter another word.

I looked up at the guys who were looking at me expectently, "well?"

I couldn't keep the grin off my face when I said, "she said yes."

Chris' Point Of View

I was just getting out of the shower when Callum called me, and to say I wasn't expecting it was an understatement. I honestly had no clue.

After putting on a fresh bra and underwear, I pulled an oversized black sweatshirt with the college Uconn printed on the front in blue letters over my head and grabbed a pair of blue ripped denim jean shorts. I twisted my silver anchor ankle bracelet around in my fingers before putting on some socks and shoving my feet into my black converse.

I decided to let my hair air dry, like usual, and quickly applied a little makeup, just eyeliner, mascara, and blush, and walked downstairs into the kitchen to find my brother sitting there with my Grandma.

"Well why not!" My brother angrily cried, throwing his hands up. His nostrils were flaring and that's when you knew he was mad.

"Because it's dangerous!" My grandmother replied with the same tone.