Chapter Seven

a/n 120 reads is awesome! New personal best for me, I started writing this story less than a week ago, and it already has 120 reads and 12 votes. YAYYY. Don't forget to vote and comment, I love feedback.

It's 7:30 am... I didn't know that Stevie was capable of waking up this early. But she did tell me she would have the kids, so I tried not to worry too much.

I saw a note she left on my door:

Morning Daddy. Hope you slept well and stuff. Prince, Paris, and I are out exploring with Eileen who finally decided to come over for a visit. We'll probably be out all day, and we left our phones in my room, so don't try calling us. Don't worry, we'll be fine.

Ps, Eileen says 'hi'.

Love you! ~ Stevie :)

I wasn't originally going to worry, but now that she said "don't worry", I'm kinda starting to worry.

Being the dad I was, I walked right into her room and picked up her phone. I scrolled through her contacts, and saw a strange name. "Ty", who is that?

I decided to read through her texts, just in case she had been texting this "Ty"  and sure enough, she had. (S= Stevie T=Ty)

S: Thanks for inviting me, I had a great time tonight :)

T: Thanks for coming. You know, Taj never told me he had such an attractive cousin :)

S: Oh stop it Tyler! But in my defense, he never told me he had really attractive friends either, so we even?

I knew I shouldn't have let her go out with her cousins! I thought it would be unhealthy to keep her locked up here the whole time, but I was obviously wrong!

I bumped into Eileen in my attempt to find her sister. "Daddy! I haven't seen you since last week, how are you?" Eileen hugged me.

"Mad. Did you know about someone named Tyler?"

"Ty?! Of COURSE I know him!" She started laughing. "But why are you mad?"

"Because he and Stevie have been texting, calling each other "attractive" and stuff. What is this?!"

""Dad, calm yourself. It's fine, Stevie is SEVENTEEN, she's not a little girl anymore. She's gonna do seemingly crazy things, like talk to boys." She rolled her eyes.

"But, I trusted her to go out with your cousins and now look, she's texting BOYS."

"Oh no! Boys! What a scary thing!" She faked a gasp and covered her mouth sarcastically.

"Eileen." I raised my eyebrow.

"I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'll try to explain it. Stevie is already locked up here in Neverland too often, she's seventeen and hasn't even been kissed yet!"

"What? You weren't kissed when you were seventeen, right?" silence. "Right?!"

She laughed. "I did a lot of things you don't know about, Dad. Who knew hanging out with your cousins and their friends could be so fun?"

"Obviously not me..." I muttered. "Levon and I never discussed girls at a young age."

"Lies. You KNOW you did. It's nature of growing up, no big deal."

"Well... that's different!"

"The number or times I've heard you use that as an excuse is unreasonable!" She laughed, walking away.

I wonder what else is in Stevie's room...

I went into her underwear drawer, that's where Janet used to keep all of her secret things when we were younger.

I found a little box that said Newport... CIGARETTES?!

"Dad what are you doing?!" Stevie walked into her bedroom and slammed the drawer.

"What am I doing? Explain why I just found CIGARETTES in your drawer?!"

She laughed, which kinda creeped me out. It wasn't her normal laugh either, it was the kind of laugh girls do when they get really mad. "You don't even trust me."

"You give me no reason to! Look at you, talking to boys, smoking! What's next, are you pregnant?!"

She gasped started blinking tears back, but I was too mad to notice. "Nice to know that my dad thinks I'm a slut." And she ran off.

I just sat on her bed, trying to comprehend what had happened.

"Dad?! What the actual hell is your problem?!" Eileen walked in with Prince on her back and Paris on her hip.

"Do not use that language around them!" I stood up. She put the kids down and told them to go to their rooms before coming up to me.

"No, today you're going to listen. She has never slept with anyone, you should know her better than that."

"I'm not sure I know her anymore, she's been smoking."

"No she hasn't. This was all a test. We figured you would find her diary while going through her stuff, but since you didn't, here." She dug in the drawer until she found a purple journal and flipped to a page, reading aloud. "Today, I had Eileen buy me a pack of cigarettes. I'm going to keep them in my drawer so I know if Dad trusts me or not. How much are you willing to bet that he doesn't?" She looked at me. "So, what do you think now?"

"I- I- where is she?"

"I'm not telling you, she asked me not to."

"Eileen." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What? I pinky promised her, I don't break my pinky promises."

I sighed exasperatedly and ran my hand through my hair. I messed up a lot as a parent, but this is by far the worst.

a/n thanks for reading! Who do you like better, Eileen or Stevie?