第 10 章 - Work

Qing Lan pov

Yue was being weird these days. She rarely home and I don't see her often. Playing alone started to bored me. So I took some of the money and went enjoy myself.

I don't like to be alone.
Its too lonely.

"Ming..!" I shouted out loud after I step in the house.

I called again but there was no answered. I roamed around the house but still didn't found her. Ming also being weird there day. What's wrong with them.

Bored of searching, I lay down on the veranda looking up to the sky. Its blue and beautiful. The wind hit on my hand as I raised it trying to catch the cloud. My life really complicated.

"What're you doing?" Someone asked me.

I turned my body imediately and saw Yue. She made me smile widely.

"Where're you from. I'm getting bored playing alone." I sulked.

"Do you want to come with me?"

"Where?" I'm interested

"trespassing the palace."

I thought for a moment. What if I saw Tian Xi again? I can't shake off my curiosity over his sudden change. I ruffled my own hair and frowned.

"Come?"

"No.. I prefer to stay here." I decline.

Her eyes widen listen to my answer. "That's sound so ridiculous comming from someone who despreted for an adventure."

"Don't mock me. I get lazy sometimes too."

"You just admit that you're bored." She counter attack.

"Yeah.. you guys rarely home these day. You always out and Ming doesn't stay home too. I eat dinner alone for 3 days straight."

"Poor kid. You need attention that badly?"

"Dummy." I scowled.

She chuckled out loud making me sulked even more. How can Yue live normally here, work normally, and acted normally. She doesn't care alot of things. Was she being honest or just pretend to be ok.

"Why did you went to see Master Qing without us?"

"Jezz.. that old man favor you more, although I'm in his daughter body." I twister my body around.

"That's not true. He cares for you two you know."

"If throwing stick, yelling on me and told me to get lost was the example of caring. I do get that alot."

For a moment, Yue looked in grief as she looked at me. "There's nothing more important that being healthy. And you're damn healty."

"What that suppose to mean?" Yue was speaking the alien words again.

"Nothing kid." She mess with my hair and I shoved her hand away.

"I'm not a kid." I scoffed.

"I'll see you later." She waved at me before disappear behind the door.

I still laying down the veranda, watching the sky. Can we really go back? How much longer we'll staying here? Why did these happen? I asked myself for the hundred times I stop counting. Evencually, I fell asleep.

"Lan..! Wake up. Why did you sleep here?"

I lift my eyes and saw Ming looking straight at my face. I closed them again and tried to sleep.

"Alesis..!" She smacked my arm lightly.

"I'm sleepy." I groaned.

"Its almost night. You'll catch cold sleeping here."