第 5 章 - It Is Dangerous

Tian Xi pov

She spoke rudely to me, she smacked me, she looked at me in my eyes, she ordered me around, she argue and the list goes on. She an odd women. I can't believe a women like her exist in my circle. She is a really amusing one.

"Your highness.. its getting late." Wen Hai wispered by my ear.

I nodded at his sentence while looking at silly Qing Lan not far from our rest. She still running and playing like a happy child.

"We need to go." Wen Hai remind me again.

I raised from my rest and brushed the dirt away from my robe. I wanted to stay longer but I can't. I need to return to my palace.

"Leaving already?" Qing Lan shouted from her spot.

"Its getting late. Its better if you both leave with us." Wen Hai took over the conversation.

"You can take Ming. I still want to stay a bit longer." She replied.

"There is noway I'm leaving you alone again. Who knows what troble you'll cause later." Qing Ming pinched her sister.

But Qing Lan just giggled on her sister warning. "Ming.. isn't you need to pick your herb. Its almost twilight."

Qing Ming imediately jumped a little and turned to us. "I need to go. I'll see you again." She ran leaving us confusely.

Qing Lan was laughing on her sister action as she walked joining me and my minister. She smirked at me proudly. After tie the thread of her kite around the tree, she patted the living object.

"Take care of my kite tree. Don't let it crash. Thank you."

I was stunned watching her praying for the tree. I never thought she has this believe. I mean, we do pray for the sun, for the rain, for the god and goddess, but she doesn't looked like that kind of people.

"Lets go." She turned to us and lead the way.

"How about Qing Ming?" Wen Hai asked concerntly.

"Don't worry, Yue will fetch her." She smiled.

Yue..? That the sister that success pointing sword on Ming Lei. She really not ordinary. I wanted to see her sword skill again next time.

We walked leaving the field entering the pathway to the city. I never walked this route before. I looked at Wen Hai and saw his worried expression. By the looked at his face, I know, something is not right.

"Miss Qing, let go this way." Wen Hai sudden suggest stop my step. What is he trying to hide..?

"You guys can go. I'll take this way. See you ---"

"I come with you." I cut her line and Wen Hai defeated by my sentence. He was clearly don't want me to go with her.

"No..!" But Qing Lan rejected my offer. She looked at me fiercely. "Go with him. I'm doing something dangerous here and you, weakling only will be a bother."

Never once in my life someone told me I'm a burden.

"Let go my lord." Wen Hai was presuring me.

"What is you trying to hide." I spoke in my authority voice making him flinched. He didn't dare to speak up.

"Wen Hai.." I called him coldly.

"Its dangerous." He answered me in two words after a while.

What kind of danger he refers to? I looked back at the small patway toward something I never know what the end of it have. This is my country, my town, my people.. I have the right to know.

"I'm coming with you." I made my decision and step beside Qing Ming.

"No. You only slow me down. Oi.. Wen Hai, takes him with you." She order Wen Hai as she pushed me away from her.

She just commit another sin. This women really foolish.

"Push me one more time and I'll kill you." Finally she got in my nerve.

"Yeah yeah.. whatever." She laughed a moment before continue her interupted step.

I step along with her but Wen Hai grabbed on my sleeve. "How dare yo ---"

"Please.. its dangerous." His begging stop my raging anger.

Wen Hai is the example of gentleman. He is the most humble and hardworking goverment official. He rarely show his worried expression because he always think rationaly and smart. That's why he got the Minister title at the young age. Also the minister title run in his family. That is a bonus.

"Please.. lets go." He begged.

I looked at the route one last time before following Wen Hai quitely. He didn't spoke a word the entire walked.

"What is at the end of the road?" I broke the tense and asked him.

"Its an abandon part of the city."

"Why I never heard of it?" I frowned at him and he lowered his gaze.

"Its never discuss in the cabinet meeting." He answered in his small voice.

I wanted to know more about it. But we reach Wen Hai manor. I step in secretly, afraid to be caught by his father. Although Wen Hai already took after his father title as the prime minister, his father still got huge influence in the palace. I can't let him know I sneak out from the palace again.

"You better give me a full report on this matter Minister Wen." I spoke again after changing to my royal robe.

He bow imediately. "Forgive me your highness."

"I wanted the truth and you'll give it to me."I warned him and he can only bow to me.

I cross the door and walked toward the back exit. He followed me quitely and gesture his servant to took the carriage. I hop in and went back to the royal residence.

I can't help but to wonder, what is Qing Lan doing at the abandon part? She said she is doing something dangerous making me worry for her. I need to see her again.