第 2 章 - Second Encounter

Qing Lan pov

"Arrr.. I'm not doing this." I shout frustratedly and throw away the broom.

I glance at Yue who is attentively train her sword skill not futher from my spot. She swing the tool right and left with some cool movement. I grab the broom and join her. We spar few times and rest.

"You are luck you got that body." I complain while looking at my body.

"What's wrong with yours?" She frown.

"Mine is too weak and small. Yours and Ming is the definition of godness. I hate you." I complain as I lay down the ground.

Yue smirks. "Do you want to change?"

"Damn.. you're such a teaser." I growl and throw few stick in her direction.

I look up the sky and sigh a big one. This is not our time and place. Trust me, but we are from the future. I don't remember how we get in this era but we're not belong here.

"Will we ever get back?" I ask as my sight follow the cloud movement.

"We will. I'll never stop trying until I get us all back to our timezone." Yue speaks firmly.

"I miss home.."

"I miss home too."

I am lying down watching the sky while Yue is sitting straight beside me. Its been a year since we stuck in this era. Everything is different. Its like I am living in a chinese historical TV drama. I still can't believe myself.

"Yue..! Lan..!" Ming yell after seeing the mess we create from our spar.

"What?" I ask disbelief.

"I told you to sweep away the fallen leave not distribute it."

"But I'm bored doing it. Why would I sweep the leave when they are always falling. Its stupid." I make my logic.

Ming knock on my head and rest her hand on her waist angrily. "Don't act smart with me. You better sweep that right now!"

I raise and brush off the dirt from my cloth. I tidy up my dress and put on my footwear. Its made up from rattan. Its not as comfortable as the modern shoes but its useful.

I pick up the broom half heart and start sweeping. "I did it together with Yue."

Yue eyes widen as I take her along in my mess.

"You too." Ming hand her the broom and Yue got no choice but to follow.

"Hye.. lets play. I'm bored." I smile evily looking at Yue.

"What games?" She return my evil smile.

"Making Ming chase for us."

In the count of 3, we throw away the broom and run away from Ming. Ming see our stunt and she chase after us imediately.

"Alesis..!! Rowen..!" Ming shouts our real name as she chase after us.

I stick out my tongue to her and jeer on. "I can't hear you Matilda."

I run along with Yue in courtyard with Ming chase after us. She got broom in her hand. We circle the courtyard, pass the small pond and back to the previous spot.

"Lan.. look in front." Ming yell as she stop running.

I was looking at her during that time and before I can stop, I crash on something making me fall on the ground harshly.

"Auch.. my hand." I groan in pain as my palm feel hurt and painful.

"Told you to stop." Ming comes and help me to stand.

I stand and look in front. We both are shock to see the 3 man yesterday are standing across us. I imediately point my finger on the man in the middle.

"Ah..! The kite stealer!!" I shout making the 3 men look dissatisfied.

"What do you want?" Yue already drew her sword in standby mood.

The man in the blue robe politely bow at us and smile. "My name is Wen Hai. We came to replace your kite." He shows a new made kite in my direction and politely hand it to me.

"My kite..! You fix it." Before I can take it Yue point her sword on the kite. I turn to her. "Why??"

"Didn't you learnt? Don't accept gift from stranger." Yue speaks with her cold glare make me pull back my hand in fear.

"But my kite.."

Ming pat on Yue shoulder as herself almost explode. "And didn't you learnt, don't point that sword on stranger.. keep it away...!!!""

Now Ming did it. She hit on Yue head hardly with the broom making her squat down the ground and groan in pain. "But I point in on the kite.."

"Damn.. you guys never listen."

"Can I take my kite back?" I beg to Ming.

Ming walk toward the men and bow again. "That really nice of you. Fixing her kite. Thank you."

"Its look like she really like this kite." Wen Hai respond to her.

"She did. Its her favorite kite."

After Ming hand back the kite to me I leave secretly and run toward the bush behind our house. I attach the kite with the thread and fly it. The kite fly high to the sky as I tie the thread to the small tree.

"You haven't thank me."

A low and husky voice make me turn around. I see the kite stealer sitting on my resting spot. I made a big but short table to rest on and I name it my resting spot.

"You didn't fix that. Wen Hai did. If I want to thank someone, I'll thank Wen Hai."

"For a small lady, you got big gut."

"So what?" I ask indifferently.

"Its intresting."

I frown. This guy is strange. He looks too fancy. He wear silk cloth, that mean he in from the upper class. He also look clean and strange vibe coming from him.

"I don't like you at all. You're strange." I observe him carefully afraid he will suddenly move and try to kill me.

The man chuckles after my honest opinion. His gaze somehow intimidating me. I know its clearly, his laugh is the mocking laugh.

"You really are interesting."

"Go home stranger. I'm not here to entertain you. You're not welcome at all." His presence start to get in my nerve.

"My name is Tian Xi. As for your information, I'm the one fix your kite."

After that he walks away leaving me in my spot. Damn.. I just hate him more after treating me like a fool. I'll never see him again. I can feel he is out of my league. That man surely not ordinary.