第 8 章 - I don't understand

Qing Lan pov

The entire city was mourning for the late emperor. His death cause intensed grief among the citizen while I felt nothing at all. Why should I? Its not even my timeline.

"Lan..!" Ming slapped my arm lightly and I grumped.

"What?"

"Change your cloth. You're attracting other with that shining outfit." Ming spoked worrily as her eyes roomed around my body.

"Huh..! Its not even my dad who die. Why should I grief for him?" I talked in disbelief then she rolled her eyes on me.

"You idiot! You'll get kill speaking like that." She pinched my arm and I groaned in pain.

I went inside the room to change my outfit. I wore something black. Then the two of us join the black parade. I was bored because I haven't see Yue since the morning. Its already noon and the time for public mourning almost start.

"Why do we need to join them. Its not even our emperor." I grunted in disagree.

"Lan.." She covered my mouth but I hissed on her coldly.

"I didn't even grief when the president pass away." I rolled my eyes in great distress as she pulled me moving together with the crowd.

"Troublesome motherfucker..!" I curse in English.

We the citizen were lining in front of the great palace front door. This huge wall build around the royal area. Its so hot that I can't stand it anymore. So I left the crowded then sneak in the royal palace, roamed around independently. The time I realize I just dig my grave, trespassing the palace, I bump into Tian Xi in a obsolete part.

This sudden sorrow fill in my chest the time I met Tian Xi grief eyes. He wore fully black add on this already growing sadness in me. He stunned me with his dark empty stared. His eyes fluppy and he got snotty nose.

"Are you also mourning for the late emperor?" I force out my voice.

Tian Xi usual calm eyes surround in furry as he step toward me. I found myself step back avoiding his murderous glared. He was so colded its intimidating me.

"Stay back..!" I shouted in fear.

Why is he so cold? Why is he being like this?

"Don't look at me like that." He spoke in his poisonous tone.

"Stay back." I warned him again but he still step toward me.

I twisted then ran away from him. He is scaring me. I hate the look in his eyes. He was so full in evil. I sprint my hardest without any certain direction. I ran, jumped and bashed around the abandon part of the palace.

Finally I stop after I can't use my leg anymore. I snuggled in the bush to catch up my breath. I sighed in relief before this sharp peek pointed on my back.

"What are you doing here?"

I'm doom..!! My leg can move..!!

"What are you doing here?" He repeated his question.

I turned slowly and met Wen Hai calm eyes. I sighed in relief after knowing its Wen Hai. He had few guard behind him. One of them was pointing a sword behind me. He gestured the guard to leave me alone as I step closer to him.

"Are you also mourning for the emperor?"

He scaned me from head to toes with his calm eyes. "You are also mourning for the late emperor."

I almost slip telling him I'm not but I restain myself. Ming words repeating in my ear. I need to becareful or I'll get kill.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the time we walked side by side.

"I got seperated from Ming. It were too crowded and hot. Someone suddenly pushed me enter the palace." I lied calmly.

I bet he wouldn't realize my little tricked right.

"But this place was too far from the main gate."

"I bump into Tian Xi while I'm searching for the exit. But he scare me. So I ran away."

"He scare you?" He asked again.

"Yeah.. He looked at me like he wanted to eat me alive. So I ran away."

He end his interrogation after we reached the place main gate. I sighed in relied when I just one step from escaping but before my leg could crossed the gate, I glanced at Wen Hai one more time.

"Why are you here?" I asked after realize what's happening around me.

"Mourning." He smiled.

"Oh ya.. wari wari.." I step out and merge to the crowded.

My eyes roamed around the crowded looking for Ming. I walked around in hope for her presence. But after a while, I still didn't find her so I decided to went home. She'll go home if she can't find me too.

As soon as I step in the house, I heard Yue was practicing her sword at the back yard. So I dashed to her spot instantly.

"Rowen.. How come you didn't join us. Jezzz.. you're so mean leaving me with Mathilda."

"Where is she?" She asked indifferently.

"I ditched her." I lay on the veranda.

As I looked up the sky, Tian Xi grief eyes appear in my mind. How can a free happy eyes turned like that for mourning at other? I'll understand if the emperor was his family? But ...

I don't know.. I'm thinking nonsense. I rolled around the veranda and stamped on the floor frustratedly with my fist. I can't shook Tian Xi imagine from my mind.

"Did you hit your head somewhere?" Yue sound very annoy at my tantrum.

"I bump into Tian Xi today. He looked very sad and defeated."

"What that got to do with you?"

"I don't understand. How can someone be devastated just because an emperor pass away. Its not like he was his father."

Yue pulled down her sword and gave me a serious looked. "Maybe he was his father."

"What the hell..!" I respond in disbelief and she chuckled.

I keep rolling and twisting around with Yue still on her training. I'm the type can't stand a question. Once something got my attention, I can't ignore it until I found the answered.