第 4 章 - Your Era and My Era

Qing Lan pov

I jogged cheerrfully as I hummed the entire road toward the field. I can't wait to fly my kite. This was the only fun things to do since I stuck here. Yue was busy training and Ming was busy with her herbs. I got nothing to do.

"Gosh.. why're you walk damn slow." Its irritated me watching Tian Xi with his never ending cat walk. Shit.. I hate this arrogant piece of man.

"Why the rush? The day still far ahead." Tian Xi answered in his indifferent manner.

"Bullshit." My mouth cursed intentionally before this painful pinched felt on my skin. Ming rolled her eyes on me.

"Easy babe.. they don't even know." I rolled back my eyes on her.

I ran leaving them behind after I saw my usual hang out spot not far from us. I love this place. It got the best spot to fly my kite. Its windy and green. The scene was ravishing.

I sang the BTS song Not Today as I prepare to fly my kite. I don't know the lyric, I just mumbling what I remember. Today weather was really great. Its windy enough for some kite play.

"Oi..!" I shouted at Tian Xi as I gestured him to come to me. He was stunned by the way I called him.

"Incase you forget, I got name. Its ---"

"Hold this." I cut his line, shovering the kite toward his palm telling him to held it.

His eyes turned dark at my action but I just shrugged unconcernely toward his silent warning. Suprisingly, he held the kite.

"Hold it properly.. let it go when I ask you ok?" I made the ok sigh with my fingers.

I step backward as I rolled the string longer and longer then stop at certain distant.

"Release it.." I shouted cheerfully at him.

He smirked before he let go of the kite. The kite fly up the sky slowly as I control the string in my palm. I pray it will sent my wish to the angle up there. Please, let me return home.

"Let me try it." Tian Xi asked for the kite.

I pout and distant myself from him. I shoke my head while waving my index finger right then left in his direction. "No.. you'll broke my kite again.

"I was the one who fix your kite."

"Its only right for you to fix it, you broke it."

"Give it to me." He still order me around but I rejected him again.

"No."

"That's and order." His voice raised.

I stick out my tongue on him then ran away. "I let you play it if you can snatch it from me."

"Don't challenge something you can't win." He warned me.

"I don't start a challenge only to lost at it."

"You'll be death if you know ---"

"Bluek.. scaredy cat." I stick out my tongue again.

This time he chased after me as I ran faster that before. The kite was flying behind my back while he was running tailing my track. When he almost grabbed on my arm, I changed my direction leaving him again.

"Qing Lan..!" He shouted frustratedly.

"Loser.." I thumb down at him. He frowned pretty bad.

Only after seeing his reaction that I laughed out loud. I forgot, they don't know the meaning of my action. I laughed a lot as he marched slowly toward me. I didn't ran and let him caught me instead.

"Foolish ---"

"Here.." I gave him the kite cutting his speech or whatever.

He took the kite handle and start rolling the string backward and forward. The kite still flying high in the sky. I turned around to looked for Ming and saw her spending time alone with Wen Hai. I gave her my icy glare but she smirked at my irritation.

"Is he married?" I asked Tian Xi.

"Who?" He responed without looking at me.

"Wen Hai. Is he married?" I repeated my question.

"If no, why. And if yes, why."

My hand swang in the air and land a light smack on his back. He turned to me with his poisionous glare. He almost shouted but he restain himself.

"Did you just hit me?" Venom tone came out from his voice. He looked pretty mad.

"No.. I smacked you." I jeer at him.

"You'll lost you life too soon with you idiot bravery, stupid action and ungrateful thought."

"Why? Did women in this era not allow to smack a man?"

"No one allow to hit me. Not even my mother." He stated firmly.

"If you never been hit before, you'll never know how does it feel to be in pain."

"I don't need to be in pain." I hate his tone. He was so full of himself its irritating.

"You need it. Pain make you change. Pain make you stronger." I argue back.

"I'm strong enough ---"

"WEAKLING..!!" I rolled my eyes on him and he looked at me disbelief. Then I fix my gaze not letting him win at all.

He put down the kite handle and stared in my eyes. "How dare you look me in my eyes."

I keep staring at him fiercely. He was the one who start the staring contest, I just accept his challenge. Its not my fault.

"I did look at your eyes. So what?" I challenge him.

"No one is allow to look at my face more over stared in my eyes. Not even my mother."

I let out a dry laughed. He sounded so much like Reifan, I wonder if they are related. Gosh.. he is funny. I raised my hand and patted on his shoulder few times giving him a sympathy smile.

"Well, in my era, if someone talk to you but you didn't make the eye contact, its rude and uncivil." I gave him my lecture but he only frowned at them.

I snatched back my kite handle and took over the play. I distant myself from him before he could bashed on me again. Man in this era really annoying.

***
Incase you're wondering who the hell Reifan is.. he is the main character in my Little Gathering Series book 4. Check my bio for detail.

^^