The Room's Spinning

Start from the beginning

She nodded.

This feels so awkward... I didn't have anything to say and I'm sure she felt the same.

"You and Grayson look good together," Ainsley blurted out.

"Oh we're not..... no....," I say.

Ainsley tilted her head. "You can't tell me that you never considered the fact that he was cute."

I shrugged. "I thought he was cute when I first saw him I guess but I don't have feelings for him."

"I bet he has feelings for you," Ainsley casually stated.

Who does she think she is? Why is she talking about this? "Why do you say that?"

"He seemed upset when he saw me with Alex. The thought of someone hurting you made him upset."

"Or maybe he just missed you Ainsley and was jealous you were with Alex," I stated.

She laughed. "Grayson hates me. He has always thought that I dated Alex for the money."

"Didn't you date Grayson?"

She nodded. "Yeah I did, and I loved him."

"So why did you leave him for Alex?" I didn't care if I was being rude or nosey at this point.

"I feel in love with Alex the minute I met him. There's just something about him that makes my heart flutter. I know that not a very good reason to leave someone you love but I did. I don't regret it either," Ainsley rambled.

I nodded. "I understand." I did not understand this girl.

"Do you think Alex will cancel your engagement?" Ainsley asked.

Ugh why does she have to talk about this? "I'm not sure, maybe you should ask him."

"I hope so because I don't want to wait any longer to marry him."

I fake laugh. "Wow your thinking of marriage already?"

She nods. "I've wanted to marry Alex from the first day that I met him."

I control the urge to roll my eyes. "So why did you leave him then?"

Ainsley sighed. "Personal problems."

"You're lucky to have a guy like Alex," I blurt out. Woah where was that from.

She smiles at me. "I really am. He's perfect."

Perfect? I don't think so, but he is perfectly flawed.

"We should totally go on double dates sometime," Ainsley said excitedly.

Double dates? Does she really think I would go on a double date with the woman the took the love of my life. What? Did I just say love of my life? Shit I did. I'm in more trouble than I thought. Oh god, how did I let my feelings get this far?

"Is that no?" Ainsley questioned.

I realized I hadn't responded. My bad. "No we totally should, it would be fun," I replied in the happiest tone I could.