Chapter 12 - Teachings

The were-coyote glares down at her hand probably giving it a silent command but in my eyes she's about ready to strain herself

The were-coyote glares down at her hand probably giving it a silent command but in my eyes she's about ready to strain herself. Her chest heavies up and down with deep huffs of breath comes from her mouth. We sit here in silence as I give her time to do this one thing. The poor girl has been sitting like this for 5 minutes now going on 6 and I'll feel bad if I disturb her. She is so concentrated on this task and it's the first task I have given her since she walked in.

"Malia-"

She breaks her fierce glare at her hand to look up at me to give me that look. The annoyance in her eyes amuses me but when she sees the outline of a smirk on my lips her glare intensified causing me to keep a straight face. She looks back down at her hand and I do nothing to stop her or disturb her again.

Crazy female shifters, I think quietly to myself.

You have to admit her determination is inspiring but also a tad creepy. She reminds me somewhat of my family with that never giving up attitude. But the bold way she carries herself reminds me of Peter and her bluntness makes me think of Derek. Not that there not good qualities to have but I don't want her over thinking something so simple. It's not like I can try to help her without her ripping my head off.

This girl reminds me so much of myself that it's scary. Maybe that's why I'm helping her not just because I feel guilty about her not being able to shift. She's just a girl who fate decided to screw over early in life and the least I can do is help her out. She lost her mom and sister and she was the cause, I can only imagine how much guilt she's been carrying. Then we come along and make her turn human again when I can clearly see that it was the last thing she wanted. This is the least I can do.

Currently I'm leaning against the steel table and watching Malia who's watching her hand while she sits on the chair facing toward me. My hands tap lightly against the table and wait patiently for her to either give up or when I start to get annoyed. So far she looks persistent as ever and doesn't look like she'll be giving up anytime soon and as for me; for once in my life I'm level headed.

Malia is a good distraction from what happened last night from the Oni marking Scott and the other Kira. I won't make Malia get in on this madness because honestly I don't even want to be in this fight but I'm kinda forced to. Malia is still adjusting to this form.

I roll my shoulders and tilt my head back toward the ceiling and close my eyes. I haven't felt this relaxed since my last full night of sleeping that was weeks ago. Last night -when we got home- Derek made me take the stupid pills much to my resistance but damn that guy doesn't take no for an answer. In the end my betas plus Peter held me down while Derek shoved the 3 pills in my mouth. It was very unpleasant. I also remember what Deaton had said after they did that "take a pill and if it doesn't work take another but no more than 2".

...That was my bad but I slept like a rock until about noon today. I don't know if the night terrors haven't came because the pills or the fact that Derek was there.