Chapter 19 - Moments

Addicted by Morgan Page Feat. Greg Laswell

Happy endings don't exist.

For people like me, it's an illusion to keep us going. An excuse to live in a world that is built on promises constructed by liars, having to learn your mistakes as you go. But that's scary as is because if you were to make a wrong decision then who knows the outcome? It could possible break you.

Those children folklore of mythical beasts and beautiful princesses defeating their evil queens are fiction. It's just a story made to give kids fake hope for the future. It doesn't mean anything but I guess it also depends when you decide to end a story.

Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty were my favorite as a kid. I watched the movies every chance my parents gave me and I sang along to each and every song like it was my mission. I wanted my Prince Charming to come by and sweep me off my feet and for us to live in that Happily Ever After they always told us about. I had hope surging inside of me with the endless amount of fantasies in my head.

Eventually I found out that life wasn't a fairytale and my Prince Charming wouldn't come for me and take me away from the pain. I learned that I had to rescue myself in the best way I knew possible but it turned out I did more harm than good and darkness is what I became. It felt like the easy way out at the time but it's the very thing I regret the most in my 21 years.

I guess Maleficent was right after all, Evil Queens were just Princesses that were never saved.

I sigh, walking down the hallway to the loft door. The winter cold is still running through me but the numbness in my chest causes me to not really care. My mind still replaying the mound of dirt with 2 branches forming a cross on it. It's been weeks since we buried her but the grass just now decided to grow again.

The anxiety I always seem to have these days takes a break since visiting Kali's grave. It seems to be the only thing that can help and trust me, I've tried multiple places to feel at ease but none of them work like the grave site does. It's an unhealthy addiction to keep going back but life just keeps knocking me down and kicking me.

Stiles -a human kid who has his whole life ahead of him- is being possessed by a century old trickster that can only be expelled from his body by changing his form. To change him into something he won't want to be. A werewolf. I fear if we do follow through with this then he'll hate us forever.

I pull out the scroll from my pocket that I took from Deaton's office without him realizing. My eyes trail over the tiny rolled up piece of paper before shoving it back into my pocket. The words are in another language so it doesn't do me much good but on the Black Market it means something with the value of about 25 Lamborghini's. It's enough to get me out of some dirty situations with some people. I figure we don't need it anymore since we already have the news that dampened every one's mood. Stealing valuables is a habit that will die hard.

I slide open the loft door and instantly see Derek on the couch starring off into space. He didn't seem to hear me come in but I closed the loft door extra loud which seemed to do the trick.

His head snaps in my direction and he stands upon seeing me. "Hey, where were you at?" something in his voice told me that he already knew but that's not possible. Not even Kira knows where I disappear to, if she did she doesn't say anything.

"I just took a walk." It's technically not a lie so I can't get in trouble. "You know how I am, there's just something about walking that clears my head." I want to tell him where I was but he wouldn't get it. No one will. They'll start to think more things are wrong with me than there already is.