Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: Tournament

Today was the day, of the tournament and we were all standing in Jin's apartment packing up our stuff. Nobody was talking but we were all thinking about winning this thing, and I don't think any of us would accept anything else.

Because it was just a regular tournament for the game none of us were dressed up but we still had to be up early. "remember it doesn't matter what happens" I said giving a smile. I knew my friends would be okay but it still never hurt to mention it. "It doesn't matter if we win or lose we tried our best," I said with another smile.

"We know rose," Jimin said giving me a smile, I give the same speech each time we head to a tournament.

"It doesn't help to just repeat it again," I said.

"Let her do it, it makes her feel better," Jin said waving the younger boy off and giving me a pat on the shoulder.

"Thank you Jin," I said giving the boy a thankful smile before turning to the others. "Are we ready to go?" I asked clapping my hands together.

Making our way through the movements we made it to the familiar tournament where we had been many times before. The building was packed with people when we made our way into the room. Not everyone was competing, but the groups that were could be easily spotted by there identical t-shirts.

There were a couple of people whispering and pointing over to us until there was a decent about of people paying attention to us. As we were defending champions many of the people here knew of us.

"Welp at least this hasn't changed," Jin said smiling to a couple of people who were waving at us.

Jimin giggled seeming happy with all of the attention we were receiving, "well let's hope it never changes" I said.

"Well come on," V said grabbing Jin and I's arms pulling us through the hall. As we were the returning champions our table was up at the front as there was a larger chance of us making it into the finals than some of the other groups here.

We were all set up when the room went into another frenzy with the arrival of our rivals, Suga's group. People were constantly looking for our group to there's wondering if there would be some sort of confrontation between us. A message came to my phone 'want to throw them off' it was Suga, who was subtle glancing at me from across the room.

When I nodded, he started his way over to me a small smirk on his face. As he predicted the crowd started whispering to each other talking about what might happen between us.

"You okay with me kissing you here," he asked low enough that only him and my group heard.

He wanted to show everyone that everything was normal between us and nothing was going to change that. "Do what you wish?" I said with a smile, missing the boy and wanting to feel his lips on mine again.

He leaned forward and let his lips press against mine lingering for a second before pulling back. There seemed to be a collective gasp go through the crowd which caused us both to smirk. "I can not believe you guys just did that," V said shaking his head at us, Suga and I only shrugged in response.

"People here are only going to see what they want to see anyways," Suga said moving so that he was leaning against our table one of his arms wrapped around my waist.

"You're not wrong," V said before turning to talk to Jimin and Jin.

"I hope you win today," I said pretending as if we weren't going head to head in this tournament.

"And I hope you crush everyone," Suga said back.

It was times like this that made me rethink all of the times where something would go wrong. He was trying and he seemed to actually make an effort of me to feel comfortable around him.