Chapter 15: Escape

That someone was my mom. She seemed like a beautiful woman. I could only see her back, she never showed her face, when I died...

I couldn't see her, and I never had. All I know is that she died when I was born. She made me come back here, she said that my life wasn't over just yet and something special was in my future. That I'm behind schedule. Somehow, in some way, I will heal in one week. She told me not to question it, and there is no way in hell I am going to.

I'm going to get back to my original strength soon, for a little bit. That's all I need. I'm getting the hell out of here and away from my stupid mate.

One Week Later

I have all of my letters for the Timber pack, my pack. I hope they regret everything. I'm leaving today. The doctor has filled a bag for me and I'm running out of time. In exactly twenty minutes, I have to be out otherwise night patrol will start. I only have a five minute gap to get out. I need to be fast.

Everyone knows how bad I've been getting it here, and the doctor was kind enough to help me get out of here. I can't stay here anymore with people who abuse me. 

I have three letters in my hand and I quickly leave them on the hospital bed as I jump out the window and run through the night.

I grin as I see the patrols begin to switch and jump across the trees, everything from before my time in the cells back. I'm like freaking Tarzan! The only problem is that I will only have this strength for two days before I become normal and a weak human. I need to get far away by that time, or at least to an airport.

At what seems to be exactly the fifth minute, I'm across the border at the same time I hear a loud howl mournfully ringing through the air. It's too fucking late now.

I don't ever want to see these people again.

If I do, they will get what's coming to them.

They will regret it.