Epilogue: Man and Wife at Last

The 12th of September came and went but unfortunately Cristiano and Sophia had to postpone their wedding day to the following January; Dolores smiled as she watched the blonde, who was sat in front of the mirror in her hotel room.

Sophia’s hair had been beautiful styled in an up-do while her make-up had been done to look natural; beside her stood Fiona who couldn’t keep the smile off her face at the thought of her younger sister finally getting married.

Dolores who was holding Junior offered the blonde a smile as she turned to look at her and Irina, who was the maid-of-honor; Irina smiled at Sophia before she cooed at the little girl in her arms.

“Doesn’t Mama look beautiful,” Irina cooed making the newborn smile as Sophia looked at her daughter; of course she was surprised when she learnt that she was pregnant shortly after she had gotten back together with Cristiano but she couldn’t have been happier.

Cristiano was thrilled at the news that he and Sophia were having a baby of their own; it seemed to complete their little family, he was even happier when he learnt they were having a girl.

Suzanna wasn’t too pleased that her daughter had taken Cristiano back and was refusing to speak to Sophia until she came to her senses; of course since today was Sophia’s wedding day it was obvious that Suzanna wasn’t going to get what she wanted.

Fiona blinked back her tears making Sophia smile at her sadly, she knew that today was a special day and nothing could take away from that; the couple had been through so much that everyone was thrilled they had made it to this point in their lives together.

“I can’t believe my baby sister’s getting married before me,” she sniffed as Dolores handed her a tissue.

One of the more amusing things about the wedding was that Real Madrid and Barcelona had come together, everyone wanted to be there to share in this special day with the couple.

Irina adjusted her dress as she shifted Sophia’s daughter, the little girl had been born in early December and was the reason that the couple had pushed back their wedding so that Sophia wouldn’t be stressed out to much while she was pregnant.

Peyton dos Santos Collins with Sophia’s eyes and her father’s hair she was the couple’s little angel; she was even adored by Junior, who was protective over his baby sister.

A soft knock at the door revealed Iker, who Sophia had asked to give her away since she wasn’t speaking with either of her parents after what had happened; he smiled as he looked at Sophia in her dress knowing that he was thrilled to be the one giving her away to Cristiano.

“You look hermonsa,” Iker told her as he closed the door behind him and stepped further into the room; Sophia blushed lightly as she smoothed out her dress and got to her feet.

***

Cristiano took a deep breath as he looked around the wedding hall, where he and the guests were waiting for Sophia to arrive; he tried to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat but he couldn’t move it.

“It’ll be okay,” Nani said comforting his friend as he stood next to him, Nani was Cristiano’s best man and couldn’t help but feel out of place with all the Real Madrid and Barcelona players around.

The priest smiled as he took his place at the front of the room, making the crowd fall mostly silent as wedding march filled the room; Dolores and Fiona who carried Junior and Peyton down the aisle were the first to come through the room making Cristiano smile at the sight of his children.

After today everything would be prefect after today there was nothing holding Cristiano or Sophia back; they had their family and nothing was more important to either of them than that.

Next down the aisle was Irina who smiled at Daniel as she passed him, it had been a surprise for Cristiano and Sophia when they learnt that Irina had been dating Daniel and helping him with his addiction; of course the press didn’t know about this yet and Irina hoped to keep it that way.

“Por favor be upstanding for the bride,” the priest said as Sophia who was with Iker, entered the room; offering a reassuring glance at the blonde before they started to walk down the aisle.

Cristiano couldn’t keep the smile from his face as he watched Sophia walk down the aisle, she was wearing the ivory column sleeveless V-neck lace vintage wedding dress paired with the white heeled sandals that she had chosen for their wedding.

Iker handed Sophia off to Cristiano before he moved to sit down next to Sara, she smiled at him as she watched Sophia and Cristiano; the Portuguese forward smiled as he looked at the woman that he loved.

“We have been invited here today to share with Cristiano and Sophia, in a very important moment in their lives. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife,” he said as Cristiano tried to keep the smile off of his face; this was it today was the new start of his and Sophia’s life.

Cristiano took a deep breath, he hated how long this was actually taken he wanted to call Sophia his; he had never thought that this day with come after they had postponed due to the pregnancy with Peyton.

“Cristiano and Sophia have decided to write their own vows… Cristiano, you will be going first,” the priest said as the couple turned to one another and Nani handed Cristiano his vows.

Cristiano smiled as he started to read his vows.

“Sophia, I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life,” Cristiano said as he looked into Sophia’s eyes; she couldn’t believe how sweet he was being about all of this.

Sophia blinked back tears as she read her own vows.

“Cristiano, today I take you for my husband, my soul-mate. Now we will feel no rain, for each of us will be shelter for the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of us will be companion to the other. There is only one life before us, and our seasons will be good and long. I promise to love, honor, and cherish you, no matter what lies before us, for as long as we both shall live,” she said.

The Priest smiled as Cristiano reached forward and wiped the tears away.

“Here before witnesses Cristiano and Sophia have given each other their vows… however the only enforcement of these vows and promises to one another is love they hold for one another. We will now ex-change the rings,” the priest said as Nani handed Sophia and Cristiano the matching wedding rings that Cristiano and Sophia had chosen.

“I, Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro, give you Sophia Olivia Juliet Collins, ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you,” Cristiano said slipping Sophia’s ring onto her ring finger.

“I, Sophia Olivia Juliet Collins, give you, Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you” Sophia said slipping Cristiano’s ring on to his ring finger.

The Priest smiled at the couple who seemed to be waiting for the last lines of the wedding ceremony.

“By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife… You may now kiss your bride,” the Priest said allowing Cristiano to pull Sophia into their first kiss as a married couple.

Cristiano cupped Sophia’s face while her hands rested on the back of his neck. As they pulled away, the priest addressed the guests

“I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Collins,” he said causing their family and friends to jump up and cheer; after all they had been through they were finally man and wife.

THE END.

###

Author's Note:

Thanks to everyone that read, commented and rated this story, I couldnt have made it this far without any of you.