Chapter Eleven: Sudden Feelings

Sophia couldn’t have been happier when Cristiano’s Audi R8 pulled up outside of his house; he hadn’t spoken a word to her since they had left the engagement party and she worried that he was upset with her over what had happened.

The footballer slammed his car door after he had climbed out and stormed into the house leaving the blonde behind.

Sophia sighed as she climbed out of the car and slowly made her way into the house, she watched as Cristiano paced the family room; she knew that he was upset and the blonde wished that there was something that she could do to make things right.

“I’m sorry,” Sophia said as she closed the door behind her quietly, she watched as Cristiano stopped pacing and looked at her.

Disbelief coloured his face as he shook his head and rested his hands on her shoulders, she swallowed as she looked up at him nervously.

“You have nothing to be sorry for, this wasn’t your fault Soph,” the footballer said as he stared at her, he didn’t want her blaming herself for this; she had nothing wrong and he was more made at himself for what had happened than anything else.

Sophia blinked confused about why he was so upset, she was so sure that he would blame her for what had happened; she was sure what was going on now.

“It’s mine… he shouldn’t have been able to get that close to you,” Cristiano said making Sophia look at him surprised, she blinked as she tried to wrap her head around what was going on; she couldn’t believe that the Portuguese thought that this was because of him.

“I should have never let you out of my sight,” Cristiano rambled as he held her in his arms, he didn’t even seem to be aware of how close the two of them were standing.

His hands held her to him knowing that Stefan could have done so much worse before they had found the blonde.

“Cris I’m fine… Stefan was a creep even when I was dating Gerard,” she said trying to calm him down; she didn’t like that he was upset, she wished that there was some way that she could make him feel better about what had happened.

Cristiano she was probably right, but what if he hadn’t of gotten there when he did, he didn't want to think what Stefan would have do to her; he felt sick and his stomach churned knowing that she had been in some much danger because he hadn’t paid attention.

Sophia rested her hands on his face and forced him to look at her, she knew that she couldn’t allow him to wallow about this; he had found her when she had needed him most.

“I’m fine… and that’s all that matters,” she said making Cristiano nodded as he noticed how close together, they were standing; he couldn’t focus when she was standing this close to him.

The footballer hadn’t been able to stop thinking about how she looked in the dress that she was wearing; his brown eyes flicked down to his lips then back to her brown eyes.

Cristiano knew he shouldn’t be thinking of her this way but he couldn’t stop; everything that had happened suddenly hit him and before he could stop himself as he slammed his lips into hers and held the blonde close to him.

***

Cristiano pulled Sophia as close as he could as her arms were wrapped around his neck pulling him closer; the two of them felt a sudden surge of feelings as they kissed.

However as thing’s started to heat up Cristiano stiffened as he realised what he was doing; he quickly pulled away making Sophia freeze and look at him, the footballer couldn’t believe that he had kissed the blonde, she was his best friend and nothing more to him.

Neither of them spoke for several moments, Sophia softly licked her lips while she tried to figure out what the hell had just happened; she couldn’t wrap around what she had felt when she had kiss Cristiano.

“I’m… noite,” Cristiano said before he raced out of the room leaving a breathless Sophia behind as he realised that he had no idea why he had kissed the blonde; he didn’t want to feel anything for her that he shouldn’t, in a few months they wouldn’t even be engaged if his plan worked.

The blonde slowly touched her lips and sat on the couch looking at the door; she wasn’t sure what to make of what had just happened but she knew that they had something that had changed things.

Sophia sat silently for a moment as she thought about what had happened; she hoped that Cristiano wasn’t going to push her away after that kiss.

The blonde sighed as she pushed herself to her feet, her brown eyes looked up the stairs knowing that the footballer had shut himself in his bedroom; she shook her head as she headed for the door that led for the garden.

Stepping out into the cool night air, Sophia smiled softly to herself as she walked towards her small apartment that lay in the garden; she looked up at the night sky as she wondered what had caused Cristiano to kiss her.

The blonde pulled her key out of her bag and unlocked the door before she headed inside, she had a lot to think about and she had a feeling that she wasn’t going to get any answers anytime soon.

***

Cristiano leant against his bedroom door as he thought about what had happened, he couldn’t believe that he had kissed Sophia like that; she was his best friend and that was how he saw her.

“What have I done?” the Portuguese said as he ran his hands through his hair, he stepped away from the door and closed his eyes; he couldn’t allow this to happen again, he didn’t want to get attached and led the blonde on when she was his best friend.

Cristiano shook his head as he pulled off his jacket and set it over one of the chairs in his bedroom; he chewed on his lip as he tried to think of what he was going to do now.

The footballer smiled as he pulled his phone from his pocket and dialled the all too familiar number; he needed to take his mind off of Sophia before he did something stupid and ruined their friendship.

“Hola Anastasia,” Cristiano said as the blonde answered her phone, he had been seeing her for seven weeks now behind Sophia’s back; he knew that the Russian mode would be the best thing to take his mind off what was going on.

The footballer had told her a couple of lies to make sure that she kept sweet with him; he hadn’t wanted to tell her completely about the arrangement that their mothers had.

“I was wondering what you were doing tonight?” Cristiano asked as he looked at the clock knowing that his mother wasn’t going to bring Junior back until the afternoon and even then Sophia was going to be home to look after him.

The footballer smiled as Anastasia told him that she was going to come over, he knew that he had to do something to make sure that his plan stayed on track.