Chapter Six: The Lunch Date

“You want me to do what?” Cristiano asked his agent as he ran a hand through his hair; Jorge sighed and rolled his eyes at the footballer, he knew that Cristiano wouldn’t be pleased with what he wanted him to do but it needed to be done.

It was nearly a week since the engagement had been announced and Sophia had barely unable to leave the house without being stalked by the paparazzi.

“I want you to take Sophia out for lunch,” Jorge said as if talking to a child, making Cristiano glare at him; he had heard him the first time but he still didn’t understand why he had to take the blonde out to lunch especially with the high media presence.

“It’ll be good publicity for you to be seen with your fiancée,” Jorge explained as he took a sip of his coffee while Cristiano glared at him, he didn’t see why he couldn’t just have lunch at home with Sophia; the last thing that he wanted was to put her in an awkward position.

“The press need to see you spend time with her Cristiano,” he said making Cristiano sigh and nod his head in agreement; he didn’t want people following her, it upset him for some reason that she was being followed even when she was alone.

“Fine,” Cristiano agreed making Jorge nod before he pulled out some paper and other documents, Cristiano looked at him confused.

He didn’t know what his agent was doing but it made him a little curious about what is happening in his work life.

“I said being engaged made you more approachable… these are some offers that I think will improve the CR7 brand,” Jorge said making Cristiano nod understanding.

He had been working a lot more since his engagement was announced and he hadn’t thought that there was more planned.

However before Jorge could get into it, Sophia slipped into the room holding  Junior who seemed to coo and hold out his arms for Cristiano; Jorge raised his eyebrow as he spotted a soft smile form on Cristiano’s face as he watched Sophia with his son.

Junior tilted his head looking at Jorge, who quickly excused himself from the room and headed for the kitchen.

“You’re very maternal,” the footballer noted as he watched the blonde with his son, he couldn’t help but smile that the pair got along so well; Sophia rolled her eyes as she looked at Cristiano, she was surprised to see him home for once instead of out with another woman.

“Well someone has to be,” Sophia muttered bitterly making Cristiano look at her, he could tell that something had upset the blonde.

 She shook her head as she set Junior down in his playpen before she walked out of the house and headed straight for the back garden.

Cristiano quickly followed after her wondering what had upset her; Sophia never snapped like that unless something had upset her and he knew that she needed to talk to someone.

The blonde sat down on the patio as she took a deep breath, she knew that she shouldn’t have snapped but she couldn’t help herself; she was having a bad day and she had no way to deal with it.

Cristiano sat down next to her, he sighed wondering what was going.

“Sorry… I’m just having a bad day,” Sophia said softly as she looked down at her hands; she regretted snapping at him especially since it wasn’t his fault that she was upset.

The footballer nodded his head as he watched her, he carefully reached forward and brushed away some hair from her face; he wished that he knew how to comfort her better.

“What happened?” Cristiano asked as he watched her, he could see that she was distressed and he wanted to help her; he just needed to know what had happened, however the blonde just shook her head not wanting to bother him.