Chapter Twenty-Nine: Model of the Year

Irina had begged Cristiano to attend the awards as one of her guests after she had been nominated for The Fashion Model of the Year.

She wanted him to be there to celebrate with her and her other guest since she knew that even after two months he wasn’t the same.

Irina hadn’t told him who her other guest was since she wanted him to be surprised; it was early March and Cristiano was nowhere near over Sophia, but he didn’t care as long as she was happy with Gerard.

Cristiano had agreed since he needed to get out of the house because his mother was worrying about him; it had been two months since he had last seen Sophia and he hoped that he was ready to start dating again soon.

He sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror wearing an Armani suit, Cristiano tried to smile but he couldn’t help but think about Sophia and wonder what she was doing now; she had somehow managed to stay out of the news and it made him wonder if she was okay.

It worried him that he hadn’t seen much of her in the papers since Gerard was away on holiday at the minute although he seemed to be alone; Cristiano was hopeful that she was happy still with the defender.

“You ready?” Irina asked him as she appeared wearing a black French Connection Cora Devore maxi dress, he smiled at her as she walked towards him and fixed his tie; she knew that he was hurting but hopefully tonight would change all of that.

Looking around the hotel room that Irina had booked for him, he frowned not seeing her other guest; they were in Paris for the awards and he wanted to focus on recovering.

“She’s getting ready in my room,” Irina told him, she offered him a smile making him look at her concerned.

He hated it when Irina decided to be secretive, she offered him a smile before she turned and looked at the door that joined her room to his.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Irina said quickly before she strutted out of the room, Cristiano frowned until he realised who Irina had brought with her to the award show.

Sophia watched him intently as she closed the door that joined the two rooms, dressed in a purple deep V lace mix premium maxi dress paired with black pointed high heels and black quilted grid clutch.

Cristiano tried to think of reasons for leaving her alone here in his room, but he knew that he’d have to talk to her sooner or later; he was surprised that Irina had asked her to the awards since he hadn’t known that she was talking to the blonde.

“How are you?” the footballer asked making the blonde sigh as she folded her arms and made her way further into the room; she knew that she had hurt him back in Barcelona but she hoped to make things right tonight.

***

Sophia watched as Cristiano shifted in his seat, even Irina could sense that the footballer wanted to leave; he couldn’t handle being this close to the blonde knowing that he could never have her.

Cristiano bit his lip before offering an apologetic look to Irina, as he stood up and walked out of the room; looking at Irina, Sophia stood knowing what she had to do.

The blonde had waited two months to finally talk to Cristiano about what had happened and she wasn’t letting this go; she had wanted to be sure that she was making a good recovery before she spoke to him.

Following after him, Sophia waited till the two of them were out of sight before she confronted him; knowing he had been followed Cristiano stopped and looked at Sophia as she slowly approached him.