Chapter Twenty: Denmark vs. Portugal

Sophia had been somewhat surprised that Cristiano had managed to arrange for her and Junior to fly out to Copenhagen with him; the blonde had thought that after the match against Iceland that they would be returning to Spain but her fiancé had refused.

Sophia smiled as she settled the little boy on her lap, she knew that this was the last qualifier for Euro 2012 and Portugal were doing well but they needed to win if they didn’t want to end up in the play-offs.

“Mama,” Junior said as the blonde cuddled him close, she knew that Cristiano was desperate for the little boy to call him papa; however Junior was resisting him at every corner.

Sophia was wearing a white chunky jumper and high waisted skinny jeans paired with brown cave cut out heeled ankle boots; she was surprised about how cold it was getting especially since it was only October.

“Look there’s your papa,” Sophia cooed as she pointed Cristiano out to the little boy, she grinned to herself as she admired her fiancé in his kit knowing that he looked amazing.

She didn’t know what it was but he always seemed to look better when he was wearing his national team colours.

“You know… you are going to have to say papa sooner or later,” Sophia said as she cuddled Junior close, her brown eyes watching the match; she knew that he was going to be playing as well as possible with them there, he liked to show off and this would be the best time to do so.

***

The match ended with Denmark winning 2:1, even with Cristiano’s goal it wasn’t enough to win their group and Portugal now faced playing a play-off in a months’ time.

Sophia smiled as she put Junior to bed, the little boy had dozed off to sleep on the way back to the hotel; the blonde quietly slipped out of the room where Junior was sleeping, she was glad that Cristiano had arranged a suite for them to stay in so they both had some room.

Stepping into her own room, Sophia paused when she spotted Cristiano waiting for her; she stared for a moment since she was so sure that he had been with his team-mates when they had left the hotel for their flight back home.

“Cris?” Sophia breathed as she quietly closed the door, she had opted to check out in the morning with the little boy since Junior wouldn’t be able to cope with flying straight out after the match and Cristiano had agreed.

The footballer looked up at the blonde, his brown eyes seemed empty making the blonde sigh as she moved to sit next to him; she pulled him into a hug knowing that he blamed himself for what had happened.

“It wasn’t your fault… you played so well,” Sophia whispered as she held him close, Cristiano slumped into her arms slightly as he allowed her to comfort him.

This was the reason that he hadn’t left with his team-mates, he knew that tonight he would need her.

“I could have done so much better,” the footballer whispered as he thought about what he could have done to ensure a win; he didn’t know what it was but he felt so much pressure on his shoulders when he played with his national team.

Sophia ran a hand through his hair, she took a deep breath as she comforted him; she wished that there was some way that she could take his mind off what had happened.

The blonde grinned as an idea formed in her head, she pulled back slightly so that she could start kissing her fiancé; she wrapped her arms around his neck making Cristiano pull her close.

“Don’t doubt yourself… you did well,” Sophia said as she straddled his lap, the footballer kissed her lips and he wrapped his arms around her; he looked up at her wondering what was going on.

Cristiano slipped his hands under her jumper, his hands resting on her warm skin knowing what she was doing.

“You did everything you could… you aren’t the whole team, you might be the captain but you can’t do everything,” Sophia said as she brushed her lips against his, she moved to pull her jumper over her head to reveal her push up balcony bra.

Cristiano rested his hands on her hips as he looked up at her knowing that she was the woman for him.

***

“Obrigado,” Cristiano whispered as he held Sophia close, he rested his head against hers; the blonde nodded her head as she rested it on his bare chest, he didn’t know what he would do without her.

Sophia closed her eyes as she listened to his heartbeat, she cuddled into his side as she tried to calm her breathing; she hadn’t expected them to take things that far, she felt Cristiano’s fingers trail up and down her back.

“You didn’t have to do that,” Cristiano said as he looked at her, he knew how special she was to him; he didn’t know what he would if she wasn’t with him, he loved how she hadn’t thought of herself while she had taken his mind from the loss that had happened.

Sophia smiled as she pressed a kiss to his chest and looked at him, she knew that he hadn’t had anyone to really look after him when he had been sleeping with random women.

They might have held his attention for a few hours but she knew that they never left him this content.

“I did… I couldn’t let you sulk all evening,” Sophia said as she pushed herself up, she smiled as she looked at her fiancé; Cristiano kissed her knowing that for the first time in his life everything seemed to be working out for the best.

The couple kissed as the footballer drew her close, he wrapped his arms around her and held her to his chest; he had never felt like this for anyone and he knew that there was something special about what he shared with Sophia.

“I love you,” Cristiano whispered as he continued to kiss her, he knew that he would do anything for her and he knew where to start; he didn’t want to spend a night without her if they all felt like this.

“Move in with me,” Cristiano said as he started to kiss down Sophia’s neck, he didn’t want her living in her small apartment; he hated that he had forced her to do so for months and whenever he spent time in there, it didn’t feel like a home to him.

Sophia blinked surprised at his words, she loved her small apartment since it was her first home that she had lived by herself in; she swallowed knowing that maybe it was time to let it go.

“Okay,” Sophia said making Cristiano grin before he kissed her lips, he moved on top of his fiancée knowing that this was all starting to work out so well for them; he just hoped that there wasn’t any trouble brewing that he didn’t know about.

The blonde wrapped her arms around Cristiano, she didn’t know what it was but she sensed that there was something coming that would shake them in some small way.