"I'm so sorry-" Egypt's words were cut short by Joshua's hand over his mouth.

"We'll talk when we get home okay?" Egypt nodded and Joshua removed his hand. Mason gave him a hug and drove them back to the store.

"I don't feel like reopening guys so I'm off." Mason said and Egypt gave him an apologetic smile and hug before he left.

Egypt shuffled from foot to foot when Joshua went to the fridge and cracked open a cold one.

"Joshua I'm so sorry." Egypt began and Joshua gulped a bit of his beer before he sighed when Egypt kept rambling. "This is my entire fault. I got you in so much trouble! Kevin is gonna press charges against you and you already have a shitty record and it's all my fault!" Egypt sank to the sofa and pressed his forehead against his knees as a sob escaped him.

"Egypt..." Joshua breathed his name and Egypt cried harder. Joshua never says his name. Never. He must be so mad Egypt thought as he fell apart while Joshua looked on silently.

"Shh... it's okay." Joshua said softly while rubbing Egypt's back gently. He said all sorts of words of comfort until Egypt's crying stopped and there was only a hitch in his breathing every now and then.

"I'll do anything Joshua, please let me make it up to you." Egypt grabbed onto Joshua's jersey at the front and looked up at him like a scared child. Joshua thought he was just adorable.

"Go on a date with me." Joshua breathed and Egypt's heart jolted.

"W-What?" Egypt whispered in disbelief and released Joshua's jersey.

"You said you'd do anything to make it up to me." Joshua repeated Egypt's earlier words. "So go on a date with me later this week. Saturday night to be more specific." Joshua said to a wide eyed Egypt who gulped loudly and licked at his lips nervously.

"O-Okay Joshua." Egypt nibbled on his lower lip and winced at the flare of pain. Joshua's eyes glanced from Egypt's lips to his eyes and Egypt's chest swelled when Joshua gently pried his lower lip from between his teeth with his thumb.

"Let's take care of that lip, get it cleaned with an antiseptic." Joshua took Egypt by the hand and led him to the bathroom where he carefully cleaned the cut on Egypt's lip and when he was done Egypt cleaned Joshua's knuckles. When he was done he placed a light kiss to Joshua's bruised fingers and the man's breath hitched in his throat.

"Egypt..." Joshua whispered his name making Egypt's tummy dip and he pulled Egypt in for such a gentle kiss Egypt wished he'd never kissed anybody else before Joshua.

Joshua kissed Egypt lightly so as not to aggravate his lip and tears came to Egypt's eyes when he thought of how sweet and considerate Joshua was being in that moment. The kiss was gradually broken and Joshua pressed their foreheads together breathing hard as if he was running for miles and Egypt smiled with the knowledge that he did that to Joshua Pits.

"Let's order out and have a movie marathon." Joshua breathed raggedly and Egypt nodded and Joshua led him back to the sofa where they ordered pizza and drank beer while they watched as many parts of the Fast and Furious movie series as possible. There was no talk of what transpired earlier with Kevin or their kiss, not even their date on Saturday. Only Joshua worried a little at Mason's abrupt departure. Joshua found it quite odd his big brother didn't stay to lecture him. He was brought out of his thoughts by Egypt's subtle shifting to get more comfortable only to delve back into his mind when he focused on the movie, especially that part about anger.

He flexed his sore knuckles remembering the sweet sting of the thin skin giving way against Kevin's cheek. God, he missed that. That was the only good thing about prison. There was always a fight. He shivered remembering those days of routine and barely restrained anger amongst other things and boy was there a lot of 'other things.'

"Are you okay?" Egypt asked and Joshua bristled slightly.

"Yea." He replied a moment after and thought that he could taste the untruth of his answer on his tongue. Joshua hasn't been okay in a long while but seeing Egypt's curls bounce slightly and his lips tipped up at him when he nodded Joshua felt better, not okay but better.

A/NI don't know what's going on with my wattpad

A/N
I don't know what's going on with my wattpad. I'm unable to post replies to comments.

LateAutumnBorn I did make the changes pertaining to Egypt's age and years of his mom's passing. Idk why its not showing up.

Thank for reading everybody. Hope you all enjoyed and have a good weekend. Don't forget to vote and comment and share.