Chapter 8 - Christmas Day!

Christmas morning, the snow fell gently flying down from the frosty sky. I get out of bed and walk towards my window outstretching my arms behind my head watching the snowflakes slowly fall to the ground.

I glance weirdly at my clock 10:40. Great...

My phone buzzed just a few seconds later, notifying me that I had a message.

~Text~

Y/N- Merry Christmas Lloyd!!!

Lloyd- Merry Christmas Y/N

Y/N- I know this may be a little unexpected but...

Lloyd- But what?

Y/N- Come over to my house later, I have a present for you...

At first, I was a little hesitant but I replied anyways...

Lloyd- Sure, I'll be happy to

Y/N- P.S be here before 6 :)

Lloyd- Noted ;)

I let out a sigh and in five minutes got ready for the long day ahead of me.

~At Breakfast~

I walk into the kitchen and see a whole set of empty dishes set across in the dining room table. And Master Wu sitting on one end of the table, drinking a cup of tea, reading a newspaper.

"Lloyd good to see you're up, please, join me...and Merry Christmas", Master Wu said as I sat in his chair.

Immediately my curiosity flew in.

"Where are the others?", I ask as I began to eat my breakfast.

Master Wu put down his cup and answered my question. "They are outside...playing a game I think..."

3rd P.O.V

After finishing breakfast, Lloyd went outside and found them outside, 'playing ninja' where the bounty had landed.

Though he didn't understand the initial meaning of the game but knew how to play, it proved great practice, for a ninja.

It was like regular hide and seek, but extreme, because while the seeker is looking they also get attacked by the hiders.

Lloyd jumped off the Destiny's Bounty and headed towards Nya, while she expertly dodged a throwing star.

Lloyd then began to murmur, "I know where they are...Zane's by the over frozen part of the river in a subzero meditation state, Cole's merged into the ground near the abandon mines, Kai's near the forest fire on the west side of the bounty waiting to attack, and Jay's in the clouds on his elemental dragon.", .

Having given the information to Nya by accident she uses a heated throwing star that can fly farther than a football field, to infiltrate Zane meditation, tagging him.

Next, she summoned her elemental dragon and took to the sky, where Jay was hidden, waiting to attack.

Just as Jay saw Nya, he jumped out from the clouds to reappear on his dragon but instead, he got distracted from her beauty and fell instead from the clouds, like Icarus the first day on his wings.

"NOT AGAIN!!!", Jay screamed as he plummeted towards the snowy ground. Squinting his eyes a little, he could have easily seen Nya giggle a little before she disappeared in the clouds. But before he hit the ground, a disorienting flash caught him.

"Nya!" Jay says in surprise, as he lets out a sigh of relief. Nya playfully rolled her eyes and then spoke. "Don't get your hopes up Jay, I'm just dropping you off to find Cole..."