-Snatched-

{Narrator POV}

Fred woke up with a slight weight on his chest, Delania had her head rested on him. He smiled, it wasn't too often she was still in the house at this time but it was a Tuesday. That's why Fred loved Tuesdays, some people hated a particular day of the week and for most people it was that day. He lay his head back and stroked her hair, Delania smiled as she afelt Fred's chest moving up and down gently. She too, loved Tuesdays.

"Okay, well as much as I'm loving witness you be this quiet, I'm going to have to leave." She sat up and tried to smooth Fred's hair, but despite her efforts she failed miserably. Delania stood up and took her casual clothes to get changed into so she could change into her uniform when she got the St Mungos.

It took her minus fifteen minutes to get changed and downstairs with her satchel. She took a deep breath before putting the keys in the door. "I love you!"

"I love you too!"

XXX

"So basically the house is a complete godsend and I couldn't actually be much more happier." Delania finally finished telling Monty about the new house. He smiled down on his friend, delighted that she'd now found a place to settle down with Fred, especially for their wedding which was still to finish being planned.

They walked into St Mungos and the usual smell of drugs and old people hit the two like Ernie's Knight Bus.

"Crap." Monty whispered as his senior Healer approached.

"Mr Turret, floor six today." The old bar told him, he lazily waved and was off. "Miss Black, floor two."

Floor two was mental state. All the crazy people who'd got too involved with their Divination had ended up in there. Delania could only hope Professor Trelawney didn't end up in there too. She went up and arrived with her senior Healer; Mrs Wenlow.

"Ah, Delania." She said in her sickly-sweet voice. "I've assigned you to Ms Quentin. Crazy old woman who is pretty certain she's going to die tomorrow or the next day."

Delania rolled her eyes. "So she's first class crazy?"

"Exactly, have fun!" Mrs Wenlow left Delania wondering how this woman got her job, but she carried on regardless.

The young girl walked through the room of older, slightly demented people. Trying to avoid many conversation starters but looking for Ms Quentin at the same time. Then she spotted her, Ms Quentin was sat in a rocking chair at the very far end of the room with a satisfied smile on her wrinkled up face and a envious look in her deep green eyes.

Delania decided it was a good idea to kneel down next to her. "Hi Ms Quentin, I'm Junior Healer Delania Black, I'm going to be watching over you today."

Quentin looked up and smiled at her, doing and saying nothing but a nod to follow. Delania gave her that smile. You know, the smile you would normally use when you say someone you knew in public but didn't know them well enough to say hi. Delania walked back to the front desk to see what the old woman would need to do today, but she had to steady herself when she saw the familiar figure of that cloaked man she'd seen just the other night.

He was stood by the swinging doors of the infirmary and was glaring straight into her. She gulped, Delania couldn't see the mans eyes nor could she see his face, but she knew he was watching her. She blinked once, twice, and rubbed her eyes. Well that seemed to do the trick because he was gone, for now.

"Excuse me." She felt a cold finger on her shoulder.

"Yes, how can I help you?" Delania was faced with an old man.

"I can't seem to find a nurse, and I need the toilet."

Delania took a deep breath. It was going to be a long day.

XXX

"It's awful down there." Delania was currently sat moaning to Monty on their lunch break. "I sighed up to train as a Healer, not a carer for the elderly."

Monty chuckled. "Sorry Nia, it's pretty horrific up there though. And my legs kill already from all the running around I have to do."

"Don't moan, Montague!" She playfully slapped his arm. "You sound as bad as Rosie at the minute."

Monty's face softened and a smile overtook his worn out expression. "Have you seen her little bump? It's the sweetest thing."

"When's she due?" Delania asked, taking another sip from her water bottle.

"April."

Mrs Wenlow entered the room and stood, hands on hips, waiting for Delania. "Well?!" She muttered. "Ms Quentin was due her dinner, eight minutes ago."

"Oh yeah." Delania threw her water bottle over to Monty and ran out and to the front desk of floor two, grabbing the tray and trying her best not to drop it as she dodged the other Healers and made it to Ms Quentin. "I have your lunch here-"

"Leave now, whilst you still have your chance." Ms Quentin grabbed Delania's wrist, making her drop the tray. The old woman's face was no longer full of satisfaction but a look of grief overrode her face. "They're coming for you, Miss Black. He needs you. And he will have you."

XXX

Delania and Monty went home that night at eleven, exactly an hour before midnight. Monty chatted whilst Delania listened, but he could sense that something was wrong. His friend kept checking behind her as if something were about to happen, as if they were being followed. After his valiant attempts to get her talking as per usual, he resulted to just walking with her. It'd been what he'd done to Nathan after Cedric died and he wouldn't talk. Had someone died? No, too obvious.

Delania was paranoid.

She clutched onto her locket with fear, whatever was in there maybe if she looked she'd feel better.

She could see and hear things, she thought maybe it was that dreary old woman getting inside her head but she could see him walking towards them. She could've done something, said something. But all she saw and heard was Amycus Carrow, and her scream as she fell to the ground. They'd been snatched.

❤️