-The Second Task-

{Delania POV}

"So have you seen Hermione? I gave her my Herbology book to borrow cause she lost hers and she said she'd give it back today." Angelina moaned as we walked out to the Black Lake where the Second Task was being held.

"No, I haven't seen her or Ron either." I replied, looking out for Harry. I really needed to talk to him.

"Shame." Angie shook her head. We got seats and sat down before I caught sight of Harry, he saw me as well and we started to walk towards each other, looked like we were both needed to talk.

"I need to talk to you!" Harry bursted, I took a step back, slightly scared.

"Yes, sure go ahead." I muttered quickly.

"I'm not sure I can do this." He said, he was nervous and worried I could see it in his face. I grasped his shoulders.

"Harry Potter. You'll be fabulous. You were great with the dragons, and Neville gave you the gillyweed." I tried to lift his spirits but it wasn't working to I aborted to plan B.

"Anyways, dad wants to know if you wanted to spend some time at ours again during summer." Harry's face lifted as he nodded. He opened his mouth to speak again but Cedric ruined it.

"Potter! Come on!" Diggory shouted from the tent.

"Good luck." I patted him on the shoulder. "Don't drown Ced!" They both laughed as they walked inside. I started to go back yo yo my seat as the commentary began. I reached our base and sat down desperately looking for the twins. Suddenly, there was a big splash and they all dived into the lake.

"Do you think it's cold?" Angie asked.

"It's winter Angie. Yes I'd say it's cold." I rolled my eyes at her. We kept watching the water to see what was happening as Lee, who was as usual commentating, explained to us there were people under the water in a curse, floating in the deep. The champions had one each and their task was basically to retrieve their person. That's where Hermione and Ron had got to.

"Wait! There's Fleur." Angie pointed to the harbour. I scoffed. "Isn't her sister down there?"

"Shit yeah." I mumbled. I jumped as a cold hand placed itself onto my shoulder.

"Delania you shouldn't be swearing in front of children and teachers."

"Fred Weasley!" I screeched. "You bastard." I hit him round the head with my hat.

"Right okay, as your boyfriend again, I order you to sit down, be quiet and put your hat back on. It's freezing." He smiled his goofy smile and we sat down. It felt so nice to have Fred back.

"Awe, you guys are so cute!" George placed himself next to Angie as she laughed. "So is your sister Nia." He looked down to where the Beauxbatons girls were and winked at Druella who giggled and blushed.

"Don't you dare!" I went to take my hat off again but Fred took my hand and kissed it.

"That was smooth." Angie commented.

"Yeah, almost too smooth." I pecked his cheek as he went pink. I laughed and then looked to the lake mainly because of the loud cheers that came next. To my relief it was Cedric with Cho. He was closely followed by Krum with Hermione.

"What do you think will happen to Harry?" George started. No one answered him.
Five more minutes passed.

Congratulations Neville Longbottom, I thought. You've killed Harry Potter. Then, Ron appeared with Fleurs sister. Where was Harry? I began to panic and stood up. I heard Fred and George trying to make me sit back down but it was too late. As Harry finally got to the surface he looked pale and as if he was about to faint. I practically threw myself down the stairs and got to Harry, enveloping him in his towel me my arms.

"I thought you'd died. You are never ever ever going back or anywhere near the Black Lake again. You understand?" I told him as he looked up at me, scared but relieved.

"Give him some space Nia." Cedric laughed. I laughed along as well, but my gut feeling kept saying something bad was gonna happen. These tasks were dangerous. Fleur almost just died. I was just glad Cedric and Harry were okay.

{Nathan POV}

"Hey bro!" I spotted Cedric on the couch of the Hufflepuff common room at ten. This was normal for him, he'd sit reading, daydreaming or just thinking. "Good job out there today. You were great." I sat down beside him and patted his shoulder.

"Yeah." He whispered, not looking up.

"You alright?" I asked, slightly turning his way. He nodded but never made eye contact. "Cedric! I'm your brother and I'm worried sick about you since like one point two seconds ago."

Cedric laughed before finally looking up. "I'm... I'm..." He went into some kind of weird language that no one should ever understand.

"Cedric. It's okay, I'm your brother. Let's have a soppy sibling conversation" I said as understandingly as possible.

He laughed again. "I'm scared."

I nodded at him. "Good carry on."

"I'm scared of the last task. Fleur is still in the hospital wing in fear of nearly drowning again. I'm scared that something will happen to me, and then you and dad have to pay the price."

"Right, well-"

"No Nathan! I'm scared it's gonna be a long price." His eyes filled with fear. I'd never seen my brother like this, it was freaky. "I'm tired. I'm gonna head upstairs. Don't be long, you've got Potions first thing tomorrow."

He left me speechless. Was he afraid of dying. Me and Cedric have always been the type of brothers who supported each other and thought nothing bad was ever gonna happen. We'd been this way since our mother had died. We'd promised her we would never be scared even though she told us being scared was okay. And now, I was afraid of losing him.

❤️