What Am I Doing?

Hey guys!!! Guess whose birthday it is today?? 😊😊😁😁

***********************

Esmeralda

"Lily, Miss Griffin is not Daisy" the deep throaty voice of Mr. Stone comes from behind me.

The girl hugging me pulls back to stare at my face and then looks behind me to stare at Mr. Stone's face.

"Why didn't you tell us you've finally found her" She asks looking hurt and then her face scrunches up. "Wait, what do you mean by she's not Daisy? Of course she's Daisy. Look at her, she looks exactly the same only more beautiful!" She exclaims smiling.

My face heats up a bit as a result of being called beautiful.

"This is Miss. Griffin, she came for the personal assistant interview" he says sternly.

"Oh. I'm really sorry then Miss. Griffin, you look a lot like someone I know" she apologizes.

"Yeah, I figured that out" I answer smiling.

"So, I'll be on my way" I add making a move to walk out.

She smiles as I walk past her and when I look back, I see her hugging him.

So she is his girlfriend then.

When I finally make it out of the building, I decide to hail a taxi since I didn't bring my car. Esther (my car) was starting to give me problems and fixing a car isn't one of the priorities in my budget right now.

As soon as I'm able to stop a taxi, my phone rings and I roll my eyes when I see the name of the caller.

"What?" I snap when I pick the call.

"Baby, I'm really sorry. I don't know what came over me, I was so drunk. Please, all I'm asking for is a second chance" he pleads.

"Listen Jack, I don't care about whether you were drunk or not, what is done is done, you can't take it back" I repeat what I've been telling him repeatedly for two weeks now.

"I know I don't deserve this but please give me one last chance" he begs again.

"Don't you get it, I've given you more chances than anyone deserves and yet you mess up every time. How do I know you won't repeat this when next you are drunk? I think we're better off apart" I say then hang up.

Why can't he just leave me alone once and for all?

This time I'm so determined not to take him back. I won't fall for all his sweet words anymore.

The taxi finally reaches my apartment and I go inside and then go to my desk and tick out The Stone Empire from the long list of companies I've applied to. I'm running out of options fast.

Will I have to later settle for a low-paying job after working hard in college to graduate with a first class?

My dream of building my own company now seems more far fetched than ever.

The day passes by in a blur and in the evening when i'm preparing to go to the gym I just registered myself into, my phone rings.

It's an unknown number and I start praying for it to be one of the companies I've applied to calling me with a job offer.

"Miss. Griffin?" A lady's voice says from the other end.

"Yes?" I answer eagerly.

"This is Mrs. White from The Stone Empire's headquarters. I believe you came in for an interview today?" She pauses for my response.