Once outside, I transformed. My fur was a reddish-brown while Conner’s was a handsome golden color like his eyes. I tried not to think about Conner. Why, you ask? Well, I imprinted on him. I know it’s really odd for a werewolf to imprint on another werewolf. Strange? Definitely. Impossible? Apparently not.

Why not tell him? Because if I imprinted on him, he should’ve imprinted on me and a true man always asks the girl out. Anyways, seeing as he’s shown no romantic interest in me, it would be extremely embarrassing to ask him out if he didn’t imprint on me. Plus, I live with him, with would make it even worse if he turned me down. Basically, I’m too chicken.

So, it was just me and Conner on our daily run as usual. “So, what does this vampire dude look like anyways?” asked Conner.

“I’m not sure; if it’s a vampire, it’s a vampire and that’s all we need to know. If there’s a vampire on our territory, it’s our duty to drag it back to the leader and he’ll decide on what to do.”

There was a moment of silence before he joked. “Wow, I guess you actually read the manual.”

“Oh yeah, all the way down to the punctuation marks.” I joked back.

Throughout the whole patrol we turned up no vampires.

Once I’d secretly transformed back and thrown some clothes on, I found a missed call from Sara on my cell phone. See, I’ve been best friends with Sara since 1st grade, so she knows about the whole werewolf thing. I called her back.

Ring.

Ring.

Ri-

“Hello?” asked Sara, in her usual chipper voice.

“Hi Sara.”

“Oh hi T.” (Yeah, she just calls me T.) “I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight.”

“Sure, I need some girl time. Especially since I’m surrounded by boys all the time.”

“Yeah, I thought you might like a little getaway.”

“You know me too well. I still think we’re twins. I’ll just call mum and be there in a few.”

“I find it funny how your mom lets you live with four boys and yet you need permission to stay at a friend’s house.”

“I don’t need permission; she just wants to know where I am. And you know I wouldn’t let any of them touch me.”

“Except Conner.”

I blushed. “Yeah, except Conner. See ya in a bit.”

“Bye.”

With that, I hung up and quickly dialed mum’s number.

“Hi Mom.”

“Hi honey.”

“How are you doing?”

“Oh, fine. Is everything fine there?”

“Yeah, there’s a faint vampire scent, but we haven’t found anything yet.”

“Okay.” She paused. “I visited your father today.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I put some fresh flowers on his grave.”

“The usual irises?”

“Yeah.”

See, there’s a whole story behind the irises. Basically, that’s the first flower he gave her, and her favorite flower, and the flowers they had at their wedding, so on and so forth. He died three years ago in a car crash. We took it hard. I’ve mostly recovered by now. Mum’s still in the process. But when I found out I was a werewolf a year ago, we focused on me settling in with the pack and stuff and less on Dad’s death.

Back to the conversation... “Well, I just called to tell you I’m going to be at Sara’s house tonight.”

“Okay; thanks for telling me.”

“Yup, bye.”

“Bye, have a good time.”

“I will.”

With that, I hung up the phone, quickly packed a small bag, told the pack where I would be, transformed, ran to Sara’s house, dressed in her tree house, and rang the doorbell.

Sara answered it. She smiled and let me in. Sara has shoulder length bright red hair and absolutely LOVES Paramore. She also has a giant poster of The Vampire Diaries that I gave her. She found it funny I gave her a vampire poster, seeing as I’m a werewolf. The pack did too. But, whatever.

“So, what should we do?” I asked.

“Um... let’s play Mad Libs!”

“Okay.” (I love Mad Libs)

So, we went in her room. “Oooo! I found the perfect one!” She exclaimed. So I answered all the adjectives and nouns, and this is what we came out with.

Werewolves.

Many people believe werewolves are pink.

They say TVs are funny and squishy.

They shoot brooms in fear they will lick them.

Werewolves are supposedly chewing gums worst enemy.

People who’ve pushed werewolves say they aren’t made.

They say the whole computer is a bunch of jello.

Do you eat werewolves? I do!

I laughed. It was pretty funny. After that, we did a bunch of things, but eventually her Mom said we had to go to sleep. I slept on the floor, and Sara was on her bed. Once I was sure she was asleep and safe, I relaxed and closed my eyes.

* * * * *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I awoke suddenly. The scent of vampire filled my nostrils and my mind immediately went into red alert. Just as I was about to spring up, I felt a long needle jab into my back. All of a sudden, I was sleepy again. Then I blacked out.