"You Really Have a Split Personality Disorder Dude. Get Yourself Checked."

I drive as fast I can towards our penthouse. 

If Riley was Carla's brother, and Carla is Kaden's Erasthai, then everything just got very complicated for us, and even more so for Kaden. 

Whatever happens, I will not let Kaden get hurt because of me. 

As soon as I arrive, I am instantly hit with a tense aura. 

Luca is sitting on the couch with his head in his hands, while Tara is sitting beside him with her small hand on his back in reassurance. Kaden is still not here, and Ares is simply standing and looking out of the window. 

As I'm registering everything around me, everyone turns to looks at me. "Where's Kaden?" Tara asks in a worried tone as she walks towards me, "And are you okay? Are you hurt? Did Riley hurt you?" 

I look at her in awe because even after everything, she is still asking about me. "Tara, I'm fine. Nothing happened. What's going on here?" 

"What's happening here is that Ares broke the rules." Luca loudly says as he gets up on his feet. 

"I was protecting Lily." He replies back monotonously, as if he's had to repeat this answer many times over. 

"Your only task was to protect Lily, not kill a werewolf. You do not have that privilege, Ares." Luca seethes as he takes a step closer towards Ares. 

There's a sudden change in the energy around us and that is how I figure out that Luca is changing. I can see the veins bulging on his forehead and his muscular frame doubling in a matter of seconds. But what's really surprising is that Ares's Lycan is not holding back this time either. 

"He was on top of her-"

"Doesn't mean that you should have killed him-"

"He could have killed her-"

"How dare you interrupt me? Do you know who you are talking to?" Luca cuts Ares's sentence short by wrapping his hand around his throat. His Lycan has completely taken over him now.

"Take your hand off my throat first." Ares's figure changes. He is no longer the guy I know. His eyes are black, he is ten times bigger as compared to his normal frame, and voice has a dangerous edge to it that I've never heard before. 

But even now, Luca's aura is indescribably potent. 

"Stop it, stop it right now!" I yell, but they do not budge. Not even an inch. 

"Step out, Lily. You will be of no help this time. Please let them-"

"Let him go!" I push away Luca, and to my surprise he loosens his grip on Ares. I stand in front of Ares, my tiny frame in between the two huge Lycans probably looking very funny, but it is what it is. 

"What are you doing?" Tara tries to knock sense into me but I put up my hand as a sign for her to stop. 

"What's wrong with you, Luca? Ares was protecting me!"

"He had no right to kill a werewolf-"

"Riley could have killed me! He was on top of me with his ugly fangs ready to rip my head off my body!" I scream as I desperately try to make a valid point. "If Ares hadn't acted so quickly I would've been dead! Why are you attacking him!?"

Luca looks at me in disbelief, as if protecting Ares was something that he wasn't expecting me to do. 

"Ares," I turn around to face him and gently take one of his hands into mine, "Hey, it's okay. You did nothing wrong. Thank you for saving my life."