Chapter 3

It was another day at Meldives hospital were things were going on pretty fine . I spend all my days , rushing between patients' rooms, and surgical lectures which does satisfy me . At least it gives me a room to forget the pain I foreshadow, but I am always taken back to my reality. To why I am here today? To the void I am unable to fill.

I am a lonely person, who likes riding the bus alone and walking home alone , drinking coffee alone, eating alone, reading alone and praying alone, but when I see a mother with her child, a husband with his wife, siblings who laughs in the sun, I realise the emptiness in my life, the emptiness in my heart.

Loneliness sounds like such an easy thing to fix, find a friend, reach out to someone who cares.

"Eylul?"

But there is the loneliness that I can't fancy.

The family that I don't have.

There is no one to accompany me today.

"Eylul! Are you hearing me?"

"Ella!" I quacked in a wobbly voice, taken back from my thoughts.

"What happened? Why are you so quiet?"

"No, it's ok, there is nothing at all. I was just pondering," I managed to fake a smile.

"So , are you done with the paper work Dr.Julide gave to us?"She asked as she took the seat beside me.

"Yes, I've handed them to the secretary an hour ago. What about you?"

"Well, I should have been done with it yesterday's night, but I kept searching for a home instead,"She bawled in annoyance.

"A home?" I exclaimed with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, a home! That old lady kicked me out of her house as I haven't paid the rent for 3 months. I don't even know where I'll go,"

"You know what ? You're such a lucky person Ella," I rejoiced at her.

She looked to me desperately as her wide hazel eyes started tearing.

"The house I am living in is so wide and it scares the guts out of me staying their alone.I have been searching for a home mate the whole previous week, and it smells like I have found the one," I added as I waited for her to cheer up.

"Wait. You mean I am going to live with you? What about your family?Are you living alone?"She questioned all in one breath.

I tilted my head downwards in pessimist, shutting my eyes close. I took a deep breathe and looked back to Ella who was staring at me with regret written on her face.

"I'm sorry Eylul. I really didn't ..."

"It's okay, we have the next couple of hours duty free, why won't we start getting your new room ready?" I shushed her genuinely, escaping my thoughts.

She looked at me with glam sparkling in her eyes , and hugged me warmly.

"Thank you,"She whispered.

Before leaving, I looked back at the window, realising how that day was a beautiful one, and how it can't be wasted in scratching over the scars.

"No Eylul , your past doesn't define you. Move on."

***

"Good morning Dr.Julide,"said Dr.Adam

"Morning Adam. One whole hour late? Don't make me change my views about you," Dr.Julide snapped as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Now take this schedule sheet and pair the tutors with the trainees, you know you're the best one I can rely on for this task. You know what I mean?"She continued.

"Yes, I do. Last year's trainees were a joke,"Dr.Adam smirked as he scanned the list with his eyes.

"Anyway,  I need this to be ready by the end of the day."

"Sure! But I was just wondering who is Eylul Altindag ? She is Dr.Altindag's daughter, right?

"Yes she is. Dr.Altindag was one of the best surgeons of his era, but unfortunately, he had passed away a couple of years ago."

"Ah, by the way, I would like it if you paired Eylul with you. She is a passionate trainee and I see you both would make a good team."Dr.Julide suggested .

"Okay, as you see," Dr.Adam excitedly affirmed.

"Good."

                                                                                                    *

We arrived at my place as soon as we took Dr.Julide's permission. I guided Ella in , helping her with the luggage she had.  

"Hey, are you still keeping your AL's books?" Ella remarked in astonishment once she saw the high school text books lying all over the sofa.

"Actually, I have started giving Biology classes to high school students, you know what I mean .You have to fight your own way," I explained.

"That's spectacular Eylul! At least you're not wasting your time with stupid clients at a stupid coffee shop," Ella huffed at her thoughts.

"So, you're working in a coffee shop?" 

"Just forget about it. Thinking of the fact that I am working there makes me want to throw up right now."

"I see,"I teased her.

"Well, I have to leave now Ella, there is a student that have been waiting for so long,"I said as I checked the time on my wristwatch.

"Yes of course, I will just unpack my bags,"She added in an uncomfortable tone.

"Ella! Do whatever you want, the house is yours too," I assured her as I left.

Later , I arrived to the house of the student. It was a prosperous high-class villa.

"Looks like this kid is really pampered and it's not going to be easy." I murmured under my breath as I stood in front of the gate.

A blonde lady, Mrs.Jenette, guided me into her fancy house. It was mesmerizing. Mosaic patterned walls and hand made embroider carpets, everything was so precious. 3 home maids stood one after the other, greeting me as I entered .

"Miss Eylul, Rami is in his room upstairs, you can start with him now." She bossily added.

I rolled my eyes and headed towards the boy's room. As I entered , a high school boy carelessly laid over the sofa with a whole lot of junk food around him , his fingers can't stop tapping over the X-box hand controller. 

I cleared my throat to grab his attention, but he never gave a damn. 

"Rami!"I croaked at him.

"Now what? You're the third private tutor that Mom sends to me this week. Do I look like someone who could ever study?" He finally paused his game and confronted me.

I looked at his face, there was something about it. There was something in his eyes, I could hardly decode. 

"Will you keep staring in to the blue for so long?" He coldly snapped his fingers across my face.

I closed the wide LCD screen and took the handset from him .

"Give me a chance , and I promise you won't get bored,"