Chapter 22

Ok so this chapter is short guys I am sorry but I am putting this to a vote. In the comments I want to know if you want to see this story continue but in the future. Rose's story her life with ross and Arabella. How it effects her and what life has in store for her. So let me know in the comments guys! if yes then I will put out a date when I will release the story. It will be here in this book. 

Ok I am done :) happy reading guys <3  

The day finally came, it was time to say goodbye....

Arabella dreaded every moment of the day, until it came time to head for the docks. The memories that laid there were not good ones. Ross accompanied them to the docks and even let her bring rose too.

She thought it fit for Charles to have one last goodbye to his daughter. He never spoke of how long he would be gone for but promised to write every chance he was given. 

The day was sunny and warm not a cloud in the sky. Arabella wore a light blue day dress. It was light and flowing making riding easy for her. Even if Ross made her ride with him. 

"Aye its time to say our goodbyes little sister."

Arabella couldn't hold back the tears. They flowed down her cheeks in rivers it felt like. She felt like she was losing her everything, but she wasn't. He promised to return someday. This wasn't the end.

Arabella handed rose over to Charles one last time. He bounced her on his side kissing her head ever so softly. He would miss her and she knew it.

"Arabella ye should take her now."

She did as she was told and took the babe in her arms. Charles turned to Ross giving him a good hard hand shake. Ross didn't take this that be brought him in for a brotherly hug.

"Aye be good to my sister."

Ross nodded to him, "Aye I will ye know I will."

Charles then turned to Arabella next. Tears had fully wet her cheeks. She handed the babe off to Ross who took her into his arms. Arabella jumped into her brothers arms hugging him long and hard.

She let the sobs escape her into Charles shoulder. He didn't push her away he held her close. He had always done so when they were children. This time it was goodbye but as he said it wasn't forever.

"You need to be strong Ara, For me, Ross and, rose."

She brushed the tears from her cheeks and nodded to him. He was right, she was now playing the role as a mother now to her young niece. 

"Please be safe Charles. Always write to me too. Don't ever be afraid to come home when ever ye feel."

Charles nodded and kissed her on the cheek one last time.

They stood together as Charles made his way on to the ship. He turned back give them one last smile and wave. He walked onto the ship.

The sound of men yelling filled the air. The ship pulled away from the docks heading out to the open sea. On its way to a new land far from the place Arabella had learned to call home.

4 Months later

Rose was crawling everywhere now. Ross could barley keep a watch on her. One minute she be in his study with him the next she was half way down the hall.

Ross loved the young babe as his own blood. He look pleasure in giving her the best. From the best bedding and clothes. The nurses that took care of her where well trained and all mothers of there own. 

Charles had sent his first letter only a month ago. Arabella had made sure to send a well written letter back to him about he needed to write more then he did.

He went on about how amazing Spain was and how he enjoyed everything. He was loving the sun and waters and all the new things they didn't have back home. He very much wanted to send her back a few gifts.

It hurt to read his letters they were filled with his happiness. In her eyes though it looked as if he was blind and lost. He lost his wife and gave up his child. 

Things would get better though she could feel it deep inside...