Chapter 18

Charles had horses and a small cart set up for the travel. He was still mad about bringing a small child with them but Arabella promised to take care of her the whole time. Until they got to Mackay then she would need the help of maids.

Charles and Arabella were going to work as hard as they could to find this man and bring him down. 

Charles seemed distant from rose, as if she were a stranger. Arabella could tell that Charles loved the little babe but he was still hurting. He lost his wife and rose was like a little part of her.

The days seemed long and hard, Charles was getting cranky and mad. rose was getting quite fussy with all the travel. She was wanting to crawl around and explore. Arabella enjoyed having the rose around she was like the daughter she didn't have. Not yet at least.

They were so close to getting to Mackay, If they kept going the would be there before night fall. The dream was coming to an end though. Riders were spotted in the distance heading towards them.

"Arabella keep your hood up and hold rose close to you and don't say a word."

She nodded and threw her hood of her cloak up, it would be hard to tell who she was then. Rose let out a small whine as Arabella held her closer to her. The riders grew closer, the thundering of there hooves was almost as loud as the thundering of her heart.

"You there what brings ye to Mackay lands"

They were close? How close? would they arrest them if they thought they were a danger. Should she show her face to them? Would they even know who she was?

"we are here to speak with his laird, we have urgent matters to discus."

Arabellas heart beat hard against her chest. This was going to be hard to get past Ross's men were people you didn't mess with unless you were known to them.

"Aye sir ye are English? What do you think is going to have to say to the laird?"

Charles didn't speak, they could be sent away. No she had to go against Charles. She held the power. Bringing her hand up she brought the hood down.

"My lady please forgive us we had no idea it was ye."

She nodded her head to them, she had never felt so powerful in her life.

"Tis ok you didn't know but now ye need to take us to laird ross. We need to see his right away please." 

The men nodded and lead the way back to her real home.

Ross paced around his study. He was being told he should give up looking but nothing could bring him too. He loved her too much to bring himself too. 

 knock then came to the door, "enter" ross yelled out.

he could careless who walked in everyone seemed to need something from him.

"My laird we have come for your help"

Ross  turned to face the man who spoke. 

"Charles? what in gods name are you doing here"

Before Charles could speak up a small babe crawled into the study. What on earth?

"Charles I am sorry she got away too fast for me to catch"

Arabella ran in the door, bending she grabbed the babe and held her close as if it were her own. It was as if she hadn't left.

"Arabella...." the name left him breathless, she turned to face him. Her eyes were filled with pain as if she had been through hell. He had failed then as a husband. She didn't say anything how could she?

 "I will take rose and find a nurse you two can have some time to talk"

Charles didn't give them a chance to say anything, he took the babe and left closing the door behind him.

For the first time ever he felt scared to talk to his own wife. what was he to say to her that he was mad or sad. No he was happy she was back with him safe.

"ross I am so sorry I ever left ye but I had to I needed to keep ya safe please believe me. I never wanted to or ever do again want to leave you."

It didn't take ross long to cross the room to her and hold Arabella in his arms. She was back forever.

Arabella held close to ross, she loved this man so much there was no reason to ever leave him. She pulled away looking up to ross she stood as tall as she could on her tip toes just to kiss him.

She was back with him, his lips were on hers warm and soft. His hands around her waist pulling her close. She would never leave again.

The soft lavender dress she wore was easy to remove. She let it fall exposing her body to him. She let her hands wander to ross's plaid pulling it from him in a single movement. It felt so good to feel his skin on hers. Ross lifted her to the desk behind them, laying her down on it. 

He kissed her from her neck all the way down to her core. His hot breath felt so good. The feeling of bliss came over her as ross pushed a finger inside. The feeling she missed so much washed over her. He didn't stop there though, in a swift movement he was inside.

It had felt like forever since she had felt this. The sound of his and her moans together. The feeling of being his, better yet the feeling of release. It was as if they were in sync, he spilled his seed inside her. Arabella hadn't felt better though.

Ross laid beside her on the desk, sweat covered there bodies as they laid together. "aye lass I will never let you go again, over my dead body"