chapter 8

Ross was glad they were close. He didn't know how much longer he could hold off. The feeling of Arabellas round bottom rubbing against him as they rode. It was driving him mad.

He couldn't help but think as well how bad he smelled. Ridding for so long and only bathing when they were at the Manor home.

He smelled like he had rolled around in the pigs pen. Arabella she didn't smell. She sure as hell had bathed more then him though.

Man she looked beautiful. The water sparkling off her soft creamy skin. Her nipples perfectly budded from the cold water.

They were close to home. Then he would have her for his own. Watching her moan as he brought the first touch upon her.

"Aye ross shall we break for some lunch?" Bean asked.

Ross wanted to say no keep riding but he could feel Arabellas stomach grumble.

"Aye we shall break for some food"

They had stopped close to the river that flowed through the mountains. The horses needed a break for some water as well.

Ross watched Arabella nibble on some food as the men ate like animals.

She was quite lady like. So soft gentle. He hated the thought of her ever being hit by her mother.

The break didn't last long before ross had the men ready the horses. It have him a chance to try and get to know Arabella.

"Aye mistress tell me more about ye self?"

Arabella looked to him a bit shocked. Did she think he was supposed to marry her lay with her and forget of her.

"What do you want to know? Not much to know I never did much."

Her voice was timid and shy. Ross wished for the times when she was more open with him. What changed?

Ross didn't push her. Instead they rode on to castle Mackay. It was only a few hours more.

Night was coming in as they came close to castle Mackay. Arabella looked rather nervous seeing the large castle.

The castle itself was surrounded by a small village. Many more were in the area.

Not many people knew of ross leaving to take a bride and those who did had better kept there mouths shut.

The small group entered the village making there way in. Flowers decorated everywhere. People cheered throwing flower petals at them.

Ross watched as they passed people. Many held smiles and laughs except for one.

Her.

Blonde hair brown eyes. She was still a young lass. Forever trying to win his heart. Ross didn't want her though.

Now seeing Arabella with him he knew he would have hell to pay.

Arabella watched the young girl as she sent daggers at her. She didn't even know her. Did she know Ross? 

It didn't matter soon they entered the castle. Ross lifted her down letting his hands hold her hips.

The young girl that glared at Arabella had followed into the castle. She must have been a servent.

"Aye my laird a feast has been planned in honor of ye and your new bride"  a older woman said.

Arabella didn't want a big party really she more or less wanted a bath. A real one.

"Aye miss Maggie we have traveled long maybe..."

The older woman Arabella had come to now know as miss Maggie, had cut off Ross. 

"Aye Ross I have known ye since ye were nothing but a tot. Ye always wanted a big party for ya wedding and ye got it"

Ross didn't say anything he simply shook his head and looked down to Arabella. 

He lean down and whispered in her ear so no one else could hear.

"Aye lass I will have ye soon"

A blush had formed on Arabellas cheeks and she could feel it.

Ross led them to the dinning hall. Music played and food and drink was served.

Ross laughed and drank with the men leaving Arabella along. She didn't have anyone here that she knew.

Arabella walked through the halls what seemed to be the only quite place. Or so she thought.

"Aye who might ye be?"

Arabella turned to see the girl from the village. Up close she didn't look as pretty as she might have thought.

"Me?"

Arabella asked. Did she not know? She thought everyone knew.

"Of course ye who else would I be asken"

This girl was nice.

"Arabella"

"Aye and what are ye to ross? You sound like an English lass"

What was she? Did this girl think her a whore?

"I beg ye pardon? I am English born and raised. I am the lairds new bride if ye must know"

Arabella hadn't grown to like the girl one bit.

"Aye he won't stay with ye. He'll take a mistress and when he does I'll be there. We have something special ye see."

Arabella didn't say anything she walked away but was stopped. The young lass held her arm rather hard.

"He will pick me I love him. You will be the bloody whore in the end"

Arabella didn't say a word. Miss Maggie showed up.

"Aye gretel don't ye have chores ya should finish?"

Arabella was thankful for Maggie stepping in.

"Aye ye old goat I gone done them."

Arabella was shocked at how the girl talked to a older woman.

"Aye you bets get a move on there lass there are plenty of dishes for ye to do."

The girl gave one last look to Arabella before stalking away.

"Aye lass ignore her. She's just young and jealous"

Arabella didn't say anything just nodded.

Ross soon stepped into the hall looking confused.

"Aye did I miss something?"

Arabella kept quite letting Maggie do the talking.

"Just that little kitchen lass trying to cause ye some trouble"

Ross nodded to Maggie. Did he know the girl? It then made Arabella think if Kate was here the girl wouldn't have been a problem.

"Aye lass shall we go on to bed now?"

Ross had a smile on his face making Arabella know what he wanted. Arabella wanted it too but now she was scared.

"Yes"