Chapter 10

Commander Erwin's P.O.V.

It's been three days since we've returned from that Expedition. In another three days we have to 'escort' Eren to the Interior.

Scarlet still hasn't fully recovered. Apparently she was slashed across the stomach by some uncareful soldier's sword. She lost alot of blood through that.

Plus she has to carry the thought of her brother's death. Her plans of reconnecting with her brother had gone to waist. Plus Petra's death is in her mind too. Her and Petra seemed like close friends.

I haven't seen her since we've returned. I've been caught up in coming up with the plan to capture the suspected person to be the female titan.

I have some free time today however. I'm planning on checking how her recovery is going in a few minutes. Right now she's supposed to be resting up in her room.

I also plan to tell her the news today. The news of how she is going to become my fiancé. No.

My wife.

"Commander!" Hanji came running down the hall. Her boots echoed throughout the old hallway.

"What is it Hanji?" I stopped in my tracks. Honestly I don't want to have to deal with Hanji's scientific doings. I'm on my way to visit Scarlet.

"I've dissected part of a chunk of Titan skin!" She squealed.

"I honestly have no time for this Hanji, just continue doing what you're doing." And with that I began to walk off to Scarlet's room.

In about five minutes I arrived outside her door. Just as I was about to knock I heard talking from the inside.

"Scarlet you have to eat please." It sounded like the new recruit Krista.

"No... Klyde didn't get to eat... so why should I eat?" Her voice was weak. It sounded like she lost hope.

"You need to recover faster Scarlet." Krista kept on trying to convince her to eat.

I've had enough of this. I'm going to try and get her to eat.

I knocked once and the Krista answered the door, "Oh commander. Can I help you? Are you here to see Scarlet?"

"Yes I am. If it's possible. May I speak to her alone?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"Just one second Commander. Let me tell her I'm leaving." She closed the door gently.

Scarlet's P.O.V.

"Scarlet. I know you're not eating. But Commander Erwin is here to see you." Krista stood by the door, "I have some work to take care of so he's going to be with you for a while."

Krista gave me a warm smile and slipped out of the room. Commander Erwin came in and took a seat on the chair next to me.

I didn't want him to see me like this. I have no shirt on because I have wrap covering my whole too half of my body.

"C-commander..." I stuttered.

Honestly it was embarrassing for him to see me like this. The man I'm in love with has to see me in this condition.

Yes I'm in love with him...

Erwin looked around the room and noticed my untouched tray of bread and soup.

"Scarlet... why aren't you eating?" He said as his blue eyes met mine.

Not this topic again...

I decided to remain silent. My eyes quickly averted away from his. This isn't a topic I really like to cover.