HOMECOMING

I seemed to float through the morning, it seemed like I hadn't been to school in forever. After what Mark almost did to me again and the whole Evie thing, not to mention Adam was gone, I'd honestly rather stay away from that place, but it was time for me to go back. I looked at Sodapop resting peacefully, he looked so cute and I didn't want to disturb him. I quietly slid out of bed and slipped some plain clothes on, blue skinny jeans and a white tee shirt paired with some light make up and my worn-our-white-hip-top-chucks. I walked into the living room/dinning room and saw Darry dealing with the bills. My heart sank and I instantly felt guilty, I had to support him someway.

"Morning," I said and noticed Ponyboy reading a book on the couch. I grabbed an apple and slung my backpack over my shoulder. "You ready Horseman?" I said walking over to him and ruffling his hair. Ponyboy had honestly became my little brother who I'd do anything for.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Ponyboy mumbled and we walked out the door just in time to see Two-Bit and Johnny walk over to our house.

"Hey Katycakes! Glad to see you back," Johnny called out. I smiled, Johnny was also just like my little brother.

"Hey Katy, looking hot like always," Two-Bit winked.

I rolled my eyes, "don't let Sodapop hear you, he'll have your head." Two-Bit scoffed.

"Ready for another boring day at school guys?" I questioned as the school came into sight, I sure wasn't.
***
Last hour was almost over and the day had gone surprisingly fast. Maybe that's because I've been deciding on something I never thought I'd have to decide on, but I made up my mind. Darry can't keep supporting me when he has Sodapop and Ponyboy to support already. My parents should be the ones supporting me not Darry. I was going home tonight and demanding that I stay there and be treated with respect. I would go right after- ring- school.

I walked out of school quickly in attempts to avoid Mark, plus Adam wasn't here so I had no one to wait for. I passed the DX, not going inside, and past the park, not going on the monkey bars- all things I would do on a normal day. Today wasn't normal, today was peculiar. After a while of walking, my mind distracted by thoughts, I arrived at the door steps of my house. I walked right in, not bothering to knock. My hand didn't even hesitate to open the door.

"Katy? What the hell are you doing here? I told you to get the hell out of my house and to never come back," my mom angrily spat.

"Why'd you kick me out? Because I had a blade? It ain't like Richard don't got one of those," I hissed.

"Don't make this about Richard. Why are you here?" She rolled her eyes.

"Mom I'm tired of being on the run, I don't got no money and nobody hires me. I just want a stable place to live again," I stated leaving Darry and Sodapop and Ponyboy out of the equation.

"Hell no, you are not coming back ho-"

"Mom. Let her stay," Richard said giving me a small smile.

"Well honey-"

"No mom, let her stay. That blade was mine, I take full responsibility," Richard sighed.

"But I thought-"

"You thought wrong. Welcome back to the family Katy," Richard cut in once again and began to lead me to my room. What the hell.
***
"Why are you helping me and being so... so nice?" I pondered.

"I missed you and was a total jerk. I'm sorry," he responded. I narrowed my eyes. We sat together on my bed, side by side. Something was sketchy and I didn't like it one bit. "My actions were uncalled for."

"Ever since you and Mark started to hang out more and more something changed with you, it's like Mark is controlling you," I confessed.

"It does seem that way," he whispered. Something changed in his eyes, the same look I got when I told Richard what Mark did to me. A knock on the door interrupted my train of thought. Richard hopped off the bed and opened the door, none other than the infamous Mark stood at the door.

"What the hell is she doing here?" He practically yelled.

"Moving back in," Richard simply stated.

"Why?" Fire danced in Mark's eyes, he was clearly angry, "it will ruin our plans."

"To get closer with her," Richard whispered in Mark's ear and I pretended like I couldn't hear.

"I like the way you thing man," Mark nodded and turned back towards me.

"We've got stuff to do, bye Katy," Richard said giving me a glare. Talk about bipolar.
***
I sat on Sodapop's bed while he sat next to me. I told him about everything that happened and my concerns with Richard, but he seemed distracted by something else the entire time I talked.

"So what's up with you?" I questioned.

"What? Oh um, nothing," he stated shaken up.

"Ok," i laughed.

"Actually, I got you a gift," he said reaching under his bed and pulling out a box. I opened the box and inside layed a camera.

"It's beautiful Sodapop, thank you!" I gushed.

"No problem, it records and can take photos," he blushed.

"Aw thank you. What's the occasion?" I asked.

"No occasion, I just love you," he responded.

"I have the best boyfriend," I gushed more, "love you too," I layed my head on his shoulder and we sat peacefully. I am head over heels in love with Sodapop Curtis.

Sorry for the filler chapter! Only one more filler till shit goes down y'all. Richard is being shady af. Thanks for reading hope you all enjoyed! Peace, make sure to have an amazing day beautifuls!