AVOID

Avoid
(verb) keep away from or stop oneself from doing doing
-

I had fallen asleep at Dally's house, in his bed, only Dally wasn't here. Neither was my letter. I searched for it frantically, tearing the whole room apart. I didn't want that letter to be read by anyone, it was too personal. I gave up after I searched every inch of Dal's room. My cuts and bruises still ached from earlier and my ribs hurt like hell, it everything was healing nicely.

I huffed and sat on the bed brining my knees to my chest so I was hugging them tight. I let my head rest on top of my knees and cried. I cried because of Sodapop, for hi, not believing me and brining Sandy back into his life. I cried because of the gang ostracizing me. I cried because of Mark and how he's a walking reminder of what happened. I cried because I'm pathetic.

I didn't stop crying until Dally walked back into his room. I jumped off of his bed and he instantly embraced me into a hug.

"Katy why didn't you tell any of us? Why don't you do anything about this?" He said.

So he knew. I sniffled, "Dally what would I even do? Go to the police? I'm not a snitch."

"Katy that's not the point, Mark he did something to you that's bad, very bad. You can't just let it slide! When I get my hands on him-"

"Whatever! It's not your business anyways! Why were you reading my letter anyways? And where did it go!?" I cut him off angrily.

His face softened, "I gave it to Sodapop."

My heart sank, soon Dally wouldn't be the only one who knew my dirty secret, everyone would look at me differently now. "Gee thanks," I mumbled sarcastically, "I'm outta here."

"Where are you gonna go?" Dally criticized me and blocked the doorway, pulling me into his arms again.

"Anywhere but here!" I yelled while pulling away from him.

"Gee, Katy, I'm sorry but if you want Sodapop back you gotta communicate with him somehow," he reasoned.

"Well that's not something I want everyone to know!"I gritted my teeth.

"Well I'm sorry!" He whined.

"I know," I whispered, "it's ok." I pulled back into our hug and we stayed there silently.

"Are you ok?" He asked after a while.

I nodded my head, "I'm just going out to think."

"Bye, be safe," he said.

"Thanks Dad," I laughed.
***
I approached the monkey bars, only to my dismay, someone already sat on top. I was unsure who had taken my spot, but from a distance they were unrecognizable. As I grew closer to the children's play equipment my stomach dropped, Sodapop and he was holding something in his hands, a letter maybe? My palms became sweaty as I became increasingly nervous. It wasn't too late to run away from the park and pray he didn't see me.

I spoke too soon because just as I contemplated sprinting away Sodapop's ocean blue eyes snapped towards me, it was too late. I finally reached the bars and gulped, saying it is awkward is an understatement. "Uh, hey Sodapop," I started.

He handed me an envelope and I soon realized that it was my letter, unopened. Anger. Anger is what I felt. I felt even angrier when I saw a letter from Sodapop that read: I don't open letters from dirty cheaters.

"Screw you," I glared at him and tore the letter in half and threw it on the ground. I sauntered away from the monkey bars and walked back to Dally's place. He doesn't deserve you. Maybe you don't deserve him.
***
Sodapop POV
I watched her as she walked away, he head hanging low. Every step she took I felt a pang in my heart and I became increasingly guilty. I hopped down from the monkey bars and picked up her torn letter. I pulled it out the letter and put the two halves together. I began to read.
***
Katy POV
I slammed the door to Buck's open and sauntered to the bar. I layed my head down in between my arms and closed my eyes.

"Hey kiddo, looks like you need a drink. I'd be willing to slide you a few," Buck said.

"I'll take you up on that offer," I smirked.

DRINKING UNDERAGE ISNT GOOD OK SO I DONT ADIVSE YOU TO DO IT!!!
But anyways let's hope Katy doesn't get too drunk or who knows what's gonna happen.
Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! Have an amazingly amazing day!