STUDDER

I blinked a couple of times to process what I just heard. I swear my heart stopped beating in my chest. I wasn't ready.

"Katy?" Sodapop whispered.

I ignored him and jumped down from my position on the monkey bars. "I-I'm sorry Sodapop. I've- I gotta go," I stuttered and ran off into the distance. I was so overwhelmed and had no idea how to respond to him. I didn't stop running until I reached the Curtis's house. I rushed into their house and ignored everyone.

"Katy? What are you doing here? Where's Sodapop?" Darry questioned. I ignored him and ran straight into Sodapop's room, locking the door.

I sat on Sodapop's bed and cried. I couldn't breath or think straight. My vision blurred as tears flew from my eyes.

"Katy! Let us in!" Ponyboy yelled while knocking on the door.

I didn't respond, how could I when I could barely breath? I heard Darry mutter something to Ponyboy and then heard the front door slam shut.

"Katy, Ponyboy is going to get Adam. Please calm down," Darry said in an attempt to calm me down. He knew it was hopeless though because Adam was the only person able to calm me down during an attack.

I rocked myself back and forth hugging my knees tight to my chest. There was a soft knock on the door.

"Katy, it's me Adam. Please let me in," Adam begged from the other side of the door.

I got up slowly and unlocked the door. The door swung open and I melted into Adam's arms.

"Why am I like this?" I sobbed.

"Hey, don't think that. What happened?" He responded sitting on the bed, pulling me down with him.

"Sodapop told me he loved me, for real this time," I sniffed.

"Do you love him back?" Adam whispered tracing letters and small designs on the back.

"Yea," I whispered back after thinking for a while, "but I ran away, Adam, I'm suck an idiot!" I hit myself in the head multiple times and rolled over onto my stomach. Sodapop's flannel hung on his closet door. I picked it up and sniffed in his scent, I truly was an idiot.

"Well explain to Sodapop what you are feeling, I'm sure he'll understand," Adam responded.

"Thanks," I said turning back to face Adam.

"Anytime. Katy, I have to tell you something though," Adam sated hesitantly. His eyes focused on the ground and he appeared to be holding back tears. Adam never cries so something serious must be going on.

"You can tell me anything, you know that," I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Katy, I'm moving away, forever," he whispered. My mouth hung open in shock and it felt like my stomach had dropped from eight stories.

"W-what? When!?" I exclaimed.

"About 10 minutes," he said. I felt a punch in my gut.

"You never told me?" I stated sadly.

"I was too afraid! I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm sorry," his forehead creased with lines of worry. A single, lonely, tear dripped down from his eye and eventually making its way to the floor.

"Promise you'll call everyday?" I said holding out my pinky.

Adam wrapped his pinky around mine and smiled, "promise." We embraced in a hug while tears ran down our faces. "I should get going. I love you Katycakes."

"Love you too Adam," I smiled weakly.
***
Adam had left and it felt like part of me left with him. I felt empty inside, useless. I sat, all alone, on Sodapop's bed just thinking about all the good times Adam and I had. After what felt like hours the door knob turned and Sodapop entered the room. His head hung low and I jumped up while interlacing and unlacing my fingers together out of nervousness.

"Katy?" He whispered. His eyes faced the floor but were obviously bloodshot, as if he had been crying.

"Sodapop," I whispered back inching closer to him. His eyes travelled to my lips and flickered back up to my eyes. I placed my hand on the back of his head, pulling us closer. We connected our lips together for a slow, passionate kiss. "I'm such an idiot," I breathed between kisses, "but, Sodapop, I'm so in love with you it hurts."

We tangled up in bed, cuddling, the only light provided came from the moon. I ran my hands through his hair, it was so silky and soft without all the grease in it.

"Goodnight Katy, love you," Sodapop mumbled.

"Love you too Sodapop," I replied but Sodapop's light snores were already audible. Damn, this boy falls asleep hella fast.

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Are they moving too fast?
I love music so so much- just a little side note lmao
Sorry for the short chapters, have an amazing day!